Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Kazinsal posted:

k8s exists due to google cargo culting and associated marketing, FOMO, and need for new HR screening check boxes

all these big data and cloud native scaling stacks are just recreating tech google made 20 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
well i'm not settling for less than a million% growth in the first year so i need make my app cloud native from the start

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
same I have er-4 and I just want them to let me remove all the dead space in the UI

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Kazinsal posted:

Windows 10 steadily started improving as soon as satya stopped looking at the dev team with intent of satyaing up the project

windows 10 would be ok if it actually had one settings panel, they started migrating to the new one in windows 8 which was released 9 YEARS AGO

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of fibre anybody else using using tcp bbr? I have 500/500 and it makes a crazy difference in upload speed when there is packet loss.
I live in Ontario and here is speed test to Halifax with it on and off, 400% increase in upload speed with a single sysctl .

code:
root@s:~# ./bbr_Halifax_test.sh
net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control = cubic
     Upload:   104.96 Mbps (data used: 177.9 MB)
     Upload:   104.43 Mbps (data used: 128.2 MB)
     Upload:   128.04 Mbps (data used: 227.9 MB)
net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control = bbr
     Upload:   443.47 Mbps (data used: 521.6 MB)
     Upload:   413.32 Mbps (data used: 666.3 MB)
     Upload:   466.35 Mbps (data used: 603.0 MB)
code:
#!/bin/bash
sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control=cubic
speedtest -s 11583|grep Upload
sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control=bbr

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
my router is a vyos vm on proxmox

i have to use a whole pc for my router if i want to bypass my isp router, its a wierdo config that uses an sfp module that syncs at 2.5Gb
the only devices that can sync at 2.5Gb on sfp are a specific broadcom 10gb nic with modded drivers and $600+ ubiquiti switches

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I’m on bell fibre and the isp router is a home hub 3000 that seems proprietary to bell. They have a new 4000 model with 10gb nic so it’s no longer bottlenecked on a 1.5gb plan, but it has an integrated media converter so you can’t remove the sfp module like the 3000.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
that’s the other thing if you use a normal 1gb media converter you’ll max out at ~700mbit because of the link speed mismatch. which is why I spent so much time and money on this project

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I didn’t discover anything new, it’s all documented in this thread https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32230041-Internet-Bypassing-the-HH3K-up-to-2-5Gbps-using-a-BCM57810S-NIC

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I only got a 10gb fiber switch but all my nics are connect-4 25Gbs since they are backwards compatible and only cost $55 US on ebay, going to connect my laptop directly to my nas
also got an xgs-pon sfp so my 3Gb fibre goes directly into my switch and looks super clean

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
sounds like it's already too slow since you're using an operating system in a vm, reimplement everything in a bespoke asic connected to the fibre module

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I would just do failover or create firewall rules to split bulk downloads and low latency traffic