Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Guess how far I got.

Here is the car:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

whats that liquid beneath the car

is it car related

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I figure you made it the whole way

People did that by walking and stuff so you had like, a huge advantage with the car thing

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

whats that liquid beneath the car

is it car related

i washed it for the photo. there is also a rag in shot

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.
How many hectares do you get to a tank of kerosene?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Tom Gorman posted:

I figure you made it the whole way

People did that by walking and stuff so you had like, a huge advantage with the car thing

its much easier to walk across borders than drive.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I assume being a goon you had to get police to help you get out of the first park...ing lot.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
nice thread OP gonna needs deets on the following:

- make and model BITCH
- FWD or what?
- i really dig how the hood goes around the light fixture
- WTF is that a turn signal/fog life (above the headlight) fixture?
- whats with the rag on the hood OP

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
+1 year

car turned into sick beast.

paper transit document written in russian taped to window. ready to go

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

that thing is gonna get hosed up by a huge yak or something make sure to take pics

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm sorry but there is no way that car is 40 years old unless you replaced every visible part. Also snorkels were barely a thing in 1990 so unless that shiny new snorkel was custom moulded wtf.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

first test drive petrol coming out of fuel cap. oh well thatll probably sort itself out

exhuast pipe fell off but its back on with coat hanger. 1 border crossing donw

kazakhstan :redhammer:
kyrgyzstan :redhammer:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Outrail posted:

I'm sorry but there is no way that car is 40 years old unless you replaced every visible part. Also snorkels were barely a thing in 1990 so unless that shiny new snorkel was custom moulded wtf.

i replaced every visable part as you can see in the before and after

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Mongol rally?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Telsa Cola posted:

Mongol rally?

nah just driving home from after my contact finished. mongol rally is some lame rear end poo poo

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Cool. More pics.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Nice, there was an AI goon with one also, not sure what happened, I lost track.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

RideTheSpiral posted:

Guess how far I got.

Here is the car:

dude you can't write a really exciting thread title and then fart out this lazy-rear end op. what the gently caress dude

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

RideTheSpiral posted:

first test drive petrol coming out of fuel cap. oh well thatll probably sort itself out

exhuast pipe fell off but its back on with coat hanger. 1 border crossing donw

kazakhstan :redhammer:
kyrgyzstan :redhammer:

oh ok nm

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

nah just driving home from after my contact finished. mongol rally is some lame rear end poo poo

your contact? you some kind of spook?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

OMGVBFLOL posted:

your contact? you some kind of spook?

should have said contract and 'from work'. whoops

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

should have said contract. whoops

thats exactly what a spy would say

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

RideTheSpiral posted:

Guess how far I got.

Here is the car:

I know GBS doesn't actually care much about cars in the technical sense but as an ~AI~ poster I would certainly like to know more. Heck a post over in AI would be the best but all the same, details PLEASE

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

alert interpol theres an international hitman on the forums. they can set up a sting when he runs low on engine lubricant and tries to barter his camera for some whale oil and wood shavings

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Do you know the garage 54 guys they always do cool car experiments

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

KakerMix posted:

I know GBS doesn't actually care much about cars in the technical sense but as an ~AI~ poster I would certainly like to know more. Heck a post over in AI would be the best but all the same, details PLEASE

1981 Lada Niva

luckily they havent changed any of the parts of this model since 1973 so i stripped the whole thing down, removed the back seat, put in a new 1.7l injector, new 5 speed gear box, drive train, sports exhaust, suspension, lifted it, cut the wheel arches out and put big gently caress off tires in, and then added all the extras like roof rack, spot lights, snorkel, custom bumpers

:discourse:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
That car is cool as gently caress

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

you're doing it wrong with all this useful stuff on the car, you're supposed to dress it up in a vaguely racist theme and/or add wildly impractical luxury features, I know this from watching TV

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Code Jockey posted:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
That's mad as op. Sick car.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Cool Lada bro, you will make it home. Those things are easy to keep running. I own two, a 2105 and a 2106

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

Code Jockey posted:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
tajikistan: over the second highest border crossing in the world in a blizzard. into the pamir desert to the shipping container town of murghab

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

This is all very cool, thanks for sharing.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

Are you following thé e40? And which season is this? I'm jealoud op

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Was it fun?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

uguu posted:

Are you following thé e40? And which season is this? I'm jealoud op

nope. Almaty to issyk Kul to Osh and then the Pamir Highway

November. Too late in the season for these roads probably

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

That's the same car that roared down from the heavens and blasted its La Cucaracha horn, shattering the tranquil stillness of the night before obliterating my bedroom wall and plummeting directly into my waiting rear end in a top hat.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Why would anyone come back to England

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

OP did you drive your car through this gate like in Jurassic Park?