Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Frankly I’d be annoyed if they didn’t spend a least a few months swimming in the money pool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
What's crazy is that the first time you swim in the money pool is really only the beginning of the story

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

No Wave posted:

Playing mid to late EA was imo the funnest way to play it. I'll buy Hades 2 in EA after all the bosses and levels are in.

How come?

hades 1 is one of my absolute favs but I played it at full release and I think I would get annoyed in early access

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Extreme measures getting gradually added over time was hype and weapons trickling in made being short of blood less annoying. And the consumable that made baby chariots spawn less was like the punchline to months of complaining.

It's not that early balance was better or anything like that, being time locked for months before getting a lot of stuff just made each unlock very exciting. Especially finally meeting mom.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

all right Supergiant Games, its 2024. We’re gonna need that release date for Hades 2

sorry, i dont make the rules

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

all right Supergiant Games, its 2024. We’re gonna need that release date for Hades 2

sorry, i dont make the rules

one day after Silksong releases

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

one day after Silksong releases

no.... :negative:

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

No Wave posted:

Extreme measures getting gradually added over time was hype and weapons trickling in made being short of blood less annoying. And the consumable that made baby chariots spawn less was like the punchline to months of complaining.

It's not that early balance was better or anything like that, being time locked for months before getting a lot of stuff just made each unlock very exciting. Especially finally meeting mom.

I remember when shield was added and it had reflect as an inherent trait. It was too drat good back then

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I've unfortunately hit something of a wall as I've succumbed to my worse gaming instincts of trying to go for the 'perfect' combination of boons so I can do a higher heat run - I'm going for the last skelly statue. I can't work out how the seed works though, because I've quit runs and then on redoing them have been presented with different gods/choices etc - it makes sense that routine inspection would mess with this but it feels more random than that.

Anyway it feels like I'm actively regressing with these high heat run attempts or I've been unlucky with the rng just giving me total poo poo boon combinations to work with. I'm reading guides like 'oh just get Aphrodite on attack and Artemis on special' and it's like would that it were so fuckin easy! It feels like when I go for easy runs I get great boon combinations early and then when I go for hard runs I'm scrabbling round in the dirt for semi-decent boons all the way to the end of Elysium.

Also benefits package is ruining my life. I've tried to balance the pact of punishment by taking mega dad but getting rid of the second level of benefit package and even then I've been coming across some of the most insanely bullshit rooms, like rooms full of turbo speed ghost witches, or hordes of numbskulls who regenerate each others shields

Anyway just wanted to vent. Game good.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

for my 32 heat run, i just used hestia with aphro attack

start the run with the rose and restart if you dont end up with an attack boon. make sure you DONT pick privileged status on the mirror, since that is boon and god dependent, and then just farm out as many poms as possible on the attack. Get lucky enough and you will end up doing +1k damage per shot and coast to an easy W

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Hurrah just beat a run on my 19th attempt.

I think I got to Hades on my 6th attempt, but I was vasty underprepared.

Now I need to find a way to unlock the Titan Blood aspects, and some way of getting 2 more diamonds for Nectar Poms.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

From: https://bsky.app/profile/chlowski.bsky.social/post/3kipurjtfzk2v

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

How does she smell?

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
…with her nose?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

sebzilla posted:

How does she smell?

of brimstone

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

sebzilla posted:

How does she smell?

As with everything else in the House of Hades, of blood and darkness.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Itzena posted:

…with her nose?

Obviously not

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Itzena posted:

…with her nose?

what are you talking about Willis

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

sebzilla posted:

How does she smell?

Itzena posted:

…with her nose?

Soul Dentist posted:

Obviously not

I was not expecting Hades 2 to play like Final Fantasy Tactics

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

Hurrah just beat a run on my 19th attempt.

I think I got to Hades on my 6th attempt, but I was vasty underprepared.

Now I need to find a way to unlock the Titan Blood aspects, and some way of getting 2 more diamonds for Nectar Poms.

you get titan blood, diamonds, and ambrosia for beating each boss the first time with each weapon. 2 titan blood and one each of the others per weapon. once you raise your heat level, you will reset the rewards so you can get another set of rewards for each weapon

you can also do prophecies to get materials. Id recommend spending your early blood on Zag fists. if you also use hermes trinket and the alternate mirror dash, you can build dodge percentage up to the max limit and breeze through the early heat levels to get more blood for other aspects

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

for my 32 heat run, i just used hestia with aphro attack

start the run with the rose and restart if you dont end up with an attack boon. make sure you DONT pick privileged status on the mirror, since that is boon and god dependent, and then just farm out as many poms as possible on the attack. Get lucky enough and you will end up doing +1k damage per shot and coast to an easy W

Quoting this so i remember to try this when I get home.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I won't even use a new aspect until I've got it maxed. Got over half of them now. The last one i got was i think the 4th bow one, something about Rama? That's an interesting new way to play. I'm currently farming for the 4th gun aspect.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

sebzilla posted:

How does she smell?

Terrible!

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Is there any way to reset your titan blood? Because I've spent my titan blood all spread out across a whole bunch of aspects. I'm like, oooh, chaos shield and zeus shield, level 1? Poseidon sword? Don't mind if I do.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

sebzilla posted:

How does she smell?

like death

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Is there any way to reset your titan blood? Because I've spent my titan blood all spread out across a whole bunch of aspects. I'm like, oooh, chaos shield and zeus shield, level 1? Poseidon sword? Don't mind if I do.

Nah, pretty much my bigger gripe with the game at this point is that you can’t just spend a unit of Titan Blood to reset how much you’ve spent, combined with a decent chunk of the aspects not being able to function at base very well. Like, hidden sword does what you want at level 0 (big slow attacks for huge numbers), same with the hidden fists (“slow” attacks that are still somehow, one of if not the highest source of safe DPS in the game) but something like the bow’s aspect of Charon needs drat near the full levels to be worth touching, same with the absolute worst aspect in the game, hidden spear.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Last Celebration posted:

Nah, pretty much my bigger gripe with the game at this point is that you can’t just spend a unit of Titan Blood to reset how much you’ve spent, combined with a decent chunk of the aspects not being able to function at base very well. Like, hidden sword does what you want at level 0 (big slow attacks for huge numbers), same with the hidden fists (“slow” attacks that are still somehow, one of if not the highest source of safe DPS in the game) but something like the bow’s aspect of Charon needs drat near the full levels to be worth touching, same with the absolute worst aspect in the game, hidden spear.
Hestia is a pretty lol example too. The DPS literally doubles between rank 1 and rank 5.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Hidden spear is fun, imo. One of my favorite weapons. The key with it is to treat it like a ranged weapon and just use the special to lob giant fuckoff death harpoons at everything.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

If you're still at middling progress on the nectar gift tracks, turning some ambrosia into titan blood is a good deal since you can't use the ambrosia until later in the game anyways.

(And then just remember to check the wretched broker every run, because if you get titan blood for 15 keys or ambrosia for 10 nectar those are big value.)

Last Celebration posted:

Nah, pretty much my bigger gripe with the game at this point is that you can’t just spend a unit of Titan Blood to reset how much you’ve spent

Since titan blood is finite (other than the broker) it would super suck to need to spend it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Klyith posted:

Since titan blood is finite (other than the broker) it would super suck to need to spend it.

I mean yeah, but it also sucks to dump the needed titan blood into an aspect and decide that even at full power you’re not vibing with it or that it barely makes a difference in how you use it. And you can just cap the amount of times you can respec aspects so a player can’t make it so that they’d need more than, say, five extra successful runs to make up the difference by limiting to ten uses per playthrough.

Or poo poo, make it use a lot of keys since you’re just using them for broker current and boon rerolls after you’ve unlocked everything. I just threw out titan blood because the devs clearly want leveling aspects to be more of a commitment than leveling Zagreus with darkness.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i mean there's an obvious solution here: throw out the metaprogression track entirely, because it sucks, and have the only progress be story-related

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

How many levels of heat would you have to have spread over all the weapons in order to get the final titan blood you need to max all the weapons?

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
I kind of need keys to unlock the rest of my mirror but I guess I can turn in all my gemstones for keys in the meantime.

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

Cactus posted:

How many levels of heat would you have to have spread over all the weapons in order to get the final titan blood you need to max all the weapons?

All of em, heat 20 on everything, and then trade for some, with a small discount on that if you're pretty good at saving $ and fishing to get extras.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
According to the wiki: fully upgrading all weapons requires 306 Titan Blood; you earn 295 TB through defeating bosses at up to 20 Heat and fulfilling prophecies from the Fated List. The remaining 11 units, you need to acquire by other means (Wretched Broker, Charon's shop in the Temple of Styx, selling certain fish).

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Cactus posted:

Googling right quick says you need about 306 blood, which means…a whopping 153 runs minus however many you buy from the broker/Charon’s Styx shop. The Pact of Punishment has a cap where you stop getting rewards but it’s at 20 Heat so it should be possible to level everything before then?

Edit: beaten, also my math was off I guess

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Better keep plugging away then. Should be done in time for the sequel if I play on and off like I have been. edit: pretty sure by now I've had a fair bit more than 11 bloods from the merchant. Inefficient.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 11, 2024

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Has it been confirmed if we'll be getting a Noclip documentary about the development process again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I think you get some Titan Blood through a few prophecies as well. You definitely don't need to be doing a ton of high heat runs to get enough.

Also, if you're curious, 1,000 gems converts into a single Titan Blood.