Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Had a run yesterday with Hera Bow, Aphrodite Cast at level 9, Artemis and Hermes legendary boons so I was just dumping five bloodstone into every shot for absolutely stupid damage. Also had a Chaos boon that boosted cast damage; I think the only other major improvement could have been getting Exit Wounds. Oh, and I got the hammer that let's you fire with just a tap (flurry fire?) so it was all happening at max speed as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1780282249633767780?t=T6o1yek4aozAHILYIFTAFA

:f5:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

We're getting close to launching Hades II in Early Access! As noted in our latest Development Update, a key step prior to that is our Hades II Technical Test, which we plan to begin shortly.

About the Hades II Technical Test
We're conducting the Hades II Technical Test prior to our Early Access launch to help us find and solve any technical issues we might have missed thus far, to ensure anyone who tries Hades II in Early Access can have a smooth play experience from the start. The Technical Test contains much less content than what's in store for the Early Access launch, and may be available only to a relatively small subset of players who express interest in participating.

How to Sign Up
We are using Steam Playtest to run the Hades II Technical Test. If you'd like to be considered for participation, you can sign up right now simply by clicking 'Request Access' on our Steam page:

Who Gets to Participate
A subset of players who request access will be invited to participate via an email from Steam with download instructions. We expect to start with a small player population, then grow it over time. So, even if you aren't invited to the Technical Test right away, you may still be invited later. Our process boils down to: invite some players, fix any problems they run into, invite more players, and so on. Once we're sufficiently confident that things are stable, we will wind down the Technical Test, then launch the game in Early Access relatively soon after.

As the purpose of the Technical Test is to test the game with a relatively small audience, we may not be able to honor individual requests to participate. We will do our best to conduct the Technical Test as expeditiously as possible, then launch in Early Access, at which point the game will be available for anyone to purchase and play.

Technical Test Duration
The nature of the Test is such that we don't know exactly how long it will last, though our estimate is 'longer than a week, shorter than a month'. We likewise don't know exactly when we will launch Hades II in Early Access, since that will depend on how long we end up running the Technical Test.

Technical Test System Requirements
Here are the minimum system requirements for the Technical Test:

Processor: Dual Core 2.4 Ghz
Memory: 4GB RAM
Graphics: 2GB VRAM / DirectX 12+ support

Technical Test Contents
The Technical Test contains the first major area of the game, and other early-game characters, systems, and content. (If you played the original game, imagine a version where you couldn't get past Tartarus even if you vanquished its guardian.) If you end up clearing the first major area a number of times, the game will gently suggest that you discontinue play, as Early Access shouldn't be far behind!

Note that due to structural differences with the Early Access version of the game, save data from the Technical Test will not transfer.

How Technical Test Participants Can Help
Just play! If you encounter crashes or other technical issues, the game will provide instruction on how to report those to us.

Closing Remarks
Thank you for your interest in Hades II and this Technical Test! It's important to us to start our forthcoming Early Access with as few technical issues as possible, so that the focus can be on getting your feedback on the game itself. We're very excited to share that game with you soon, and appreciate your patience and support as we prepare!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I know the full release is probably 2 years away, but God I hope it comes out in 2025. It's going to be such a tough wait.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i didnt play Hades in EA so im looking forward to jumping in early with this one

always interesting to see how mechanics and balance develops

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Hades 2 EA is a big part of why I grabbed a steam deck (though there's plenty of other poo poo to love about it!) and this is the best news.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Wittgen posted:

I know the full release is probably 2 years away, but God I hope it comes out in 2025. It's going to be such a tough wait.

I've mentioned this before, but Hades 1 they only had 1 year of work after the previous game (pyre) before the EA launch, then 2 years in EA. This time they've had way more time of regular production work. So I'm expecting a much shorter EA period. Or a much bigger game.

There are plenty of good things about the early access concept, but one big negative thing is that it slows the dev process way down. It's much slower to work on software when you have to keep it functional the whole time.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Just happy to even get the chance to play it, even if it's nowhere near done.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Klyith posted:

I've mentioned this before, but Hades 1 they only had 1 year of work after the previous game (pyre) before the EA launch, then 2 years in EA. This time they've had way more time of regular production work. So I'm expecting a much shorter EA period. Or a much bigger game.

There are plenty of good things about the early access concept, but one big negative thing is that it slows the dev process way down. It's much slower to work on software when you have to keep it functional the whole time.

yeah they've said early access will be at least as far along content-wise as hades 1 was ~10 months before full release

it sounds like early access will launch in the next month or so too

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I'm torn because I really want to play Hades 2 but on the other hand, I want to play it as a finished product. I think I'm happy to wait.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010
Playing Hades in EA when it came to steam was a great experience. The game felt basically complete at that point, but every couple of months you'd get like an entire new weapon, or new god, or new characters and story events. It felt like you were getting free dlc, and content updates, and a new chapter of the story, which made everyone feel invested in the game for the long term, which is probably what made the game as popular as it was. I'm guessing Supergiant noticed this too and want to see if they can replicate it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm torn because I really want to play Hades 2 but on the other hand, I want to play it as a finished product. I think I'm happy to wait.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Like, I wanna play when things are stupid powerful and overturned, but I also don't want to play after they've been adjusted, because I'll miss the OHK shenanigans.

I'll probably wait until full launch, but then again, I might succumb to the hype in this thread once Early Access hits…

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Going to be waiting for the (eventual, probable) Switch release and trying to remain un-spoiled on things until then

So probably ought to stop reading this thread soon!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

sebzilla posted:

Going to be waiting for the (eventual, probable) Switch release and trying to remain un-spoiled on things until then

Yeah same, hoping it releases at the same time on switch/PC so I can dive right in.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
If it releases by the time Switch 2 comes out (if ever) that might be my first purchase on it.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Super Giant Games is streaming a technical test right now

Twitch.tv/supergiantgames

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Looks like the first batch of invites went out. I got in! The game just appeared in my library.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

Looks like the first batch of invites went out. I got in! The game just appeared in my library.

Same here hell yeah

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'm not super enthused about EA things but it was interesting watching Hades take shape. it was fully playable from GO as has been noted, you just got to watch it mutate over time.

lih
May 15, 2013

i'm impressed by how thoroughly they seem to be reinventing things here, there seems to be a ton of new systems and mechanics

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XucgtuFqIec

livestream of the devs playing

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

WHOA! That was a HELL of a reveal!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

:negative:

supergiant, pls

150 hours and 100% achievements, let me in

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

:negative:

supergiant, pls

150 hours and 100% achievements, let me in

Maybe if you had an extra digit there

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

They are seriously going to need to adjust the time-slowdown skill, it's broke as shiiiiit in the test.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I just wanna know the gods and what kinda boons they give

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I like Aphrodite's War Goddess look.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I just wanna know the gods and what kinda boons they give

gods i've encountered so far: (sample size too low to really guess their gimmicks in a lot of cases)

Apollo: dazes, daze can cause enemies to randomly fail to damage you
Aphrodite: applies weakness, i don't remember if weakness is different now
Artemis: same crit stuff as in 1, but she appears randomly to help like Thanatos
Demeter: freezes like in 1
Hestia: fire theme, damage over time
Hephaestus: gives your attacks a chance to do Big Damage Procs (on a cooldown)
Poseidon: same as in 1, a combination of knockback and 'greater reward' boons
Selene: appears to be the replacement for Calls, she gives strong abilities that need to be charged by spending mana
Zeus: applies lightning debuff that explodes for damage

hermes has been mentioned but hasn't appeared yet, seems like he'll be a later plot unlock

no ares yet but given the theming of the game theres no way he isn't around imo

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Watching that stream got me very hype for the game, and I might just go all in on Early Access.

Also, word is, they got the VA for Alphinaud from FF14 AND the narrator from BG3 doing voice work in the game!!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

dmboogie posted:

gods i've encountered so far: (sample size too low to really guess their gimmicks in a lot of cases)

Artemis: same crit stuff as in 1, but she appears randomly to help like Thanatos
Selene: appears to be the replacement for Calls, she gives strong abilities that need to be charged by spending mana

hermes has been mentioned but hasn't appeared yet, seems like he'll be a later plot unlock

Dionysus and Athena seems to be off of that list too. I'd imagine Athena and Ares might be out because they decided to lead a charge as they're both gods of War

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

sebzilla posted:

I think the time to stop reading the thread is now!

I've watched the live stream until they encountered the first god, and then turned it off because I don't want to spoil myself further.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Some of the new art hits so good, dang.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

i can't wait for the non-placeholder art of hestia, her attitude is incredibly fun already

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm really enjoying the music!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm really enjoying the music!

yeah the new electronic edge they added owns, im especially fond of the new shop theme and the artemis encounter theme

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I only watched a little bit of the stream but ended up getting spoiled on some stuff in the kotaku write up, so be careful with that if you care about that stuff.

Still looking forward to early access and hoping i get into the technical test; hopefully they will roll in new people sooner rather than latter.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

dmboogie posted:

Crying. My beloved Dion is gone

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ApplesandOranges posted:

:yeah:

Early dumb and probably wrong story predictions: I feel like Melinoë's parentage is similarly going to end up being a bit more complicated than Zag's. The fact that she seemingly has no memory of her family, no proof they really were her family besides some "unfinished portrait" left in her bedroom, and all the stuff around Hecate telling her "you should be really mad about you your family got owned, death to Kronos" while Melinoë responds "yeah really having trouble getting mad here about the family I don't know who got killed by the guy I also don't know" just really twigs my a twist is definitely coming senses. There's also her affinity to the moon goddess

Adding to this is also that there are apparently two paths to starting a new run - one going down and one going up - and the one going up is currently locked with the devs in the stream being coy about why and when you'd want to go up. Can you also assault Olympus? And if so, is there more complexity to the whole "Kronos imprisoned your family" thing? Not gonna lie I'm loving hype.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

dmboogie posted:

they confirmed this is all the gods in the current version of the game during the stream, but i doubt it'll be all the gods - i expect they'll add at least a few more during early access just like the first game. they did mention helios during the stream, though not in a way that directly implied they'd appear or anything. i think it's pretty likely that they do appear though.

it's also worth emphasising selene gives a notably different class of boons than the others, similar to hermes in 1.