Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Atleast they said that the game should be going into EA soon after the technical test. Before fall is my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Way before that. They said the tech test will last "more than a week, less than a month" with EA following quickly after. Could very well see EA drop late May/early June unless the test turns up a ton of issues they need to buckle down on

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I just hope Dusa is OK

I'm also wondering if Nyx got godnapped, or is hanging out in the Chaos Zone until this blows over.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Was looking at some of the streams which are trying to stretch out the content of the technical as far as they can and was amused to find that sometimes the Olympians will explicitly swap out their Boon selection drop table with the one they had in the original game instead.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/SupergiantGames/status/1782251515102797951

new invites will be going out this week, so there might be a bit of hope for the rest of us not in yet

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dusa is the strongest there is, so she'll be fine

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Hades 1 was EA done right and it was great to receive updates to the main story at regular intervals, along with new mechanics. I've absolutely no qualms playing it before it's "done", as EA felt like the right way to play it - the anticipation for what was behind the archway to the final boss was heightened by not being able to go through it and as a result the ending hit harder when 1.0 rolled around.

What I'm saying is please send me an invite for the technical test.

Is anyone playing this on an ultrawide monitor? Are such resolutions supported or do we have borders again?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Hades 1 was EA done right and it was great to receive updates to the main story at regular intervals, along with new mechanics. I've absolutely no qualms playing it before it's "done", as EA felt like the right way to play it - the anticipation for what was behind the archway to the final boss was heightened by not being able to go through it and as a result the ending hit harder when 1.0 rolled around.

What I'm saying is please send me an invite for the technical test.

Is anyone playing this on an ultrawide monitor? Are such resolutions supported or do we have borders again?

It’s borders again.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

i’ll be referring to this game as Dos Hequis and none of you can stop me.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Somehow got a playtest invite, this game is, shockingly enough, loving rad even in the 0.8 Early Access build. Getting used to the “flow” of combat is a big adjustment though, you feel a lot more capable than Zagreus did at base but it definitely also feels like you’re meant to be properly utilizing most of your option in a given encounter despite being more in depth. Dashing especially is probably the biggest adjustment; you don’t get a double dash (at least not very soon) but sprinting by holding the dash button after a dash is a built in feature now and lets you get out of bad situations, but doesn’t let you just teleport your way through obstacles or the environment.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Figured I may as well actually finish all the content in Hades 1 now that 2 is on the horizon. Forgot I didn't even technically finish the main story, lol.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
The only storyline I had left was Patroclus and Achilles - it was frustrating that there seemed to be no way to progress it without running a bunch more runs and hoping it would trigger? Definitely the one downside of the way they did the story. Not so bad when there’s multiple threads to pull on and something usually progresses in each run, but annoying when there’s only the one thing left.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Yeah the progression system is really cool when you've got tons of things to progress but when you're like, trying to trigger one specific story beat progression or clean up your last few minor prophecies it can get really annoying.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Nybble posted:

The only storyline I had left was Patroclus and Achilles - it was frustrating that there seemed to be no way to progress it without running a bunch more runs and hoping it would trigger? Definitely the one downside of the way they did the story. Not so bad when there’s multiple threads to pull on and something usually progresses in each run, but annoying when there’s only the one thing left.

this is also where I stalled out, I did so many runs trying to get it to trigger and eventually just gave up. It'd be nice to have a way to weight that sort of thing somehow.

edit: I also didn't do the full danger/hell/whatever mode run because I'm just not that good at video games anymore these days and it sounded more difficult than fun.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Also trying to wrap up the epilogue and the last story bits here. It's amazing how you can still find new things after playing a whole lot of repeats. For example, did you know that if you are killing guys fast enough, Zag gets really :smug: and talks poo poo?

I needed to do a run with routine inspection, so I picked up Zag Sword for the first time in ages. It's the only weapon I've maxed out, and while it's not the best aspect it also doesn't need any boons in particular. Randomly, and with zero run control, I got a near-perfect combo:

It is just silly how fast he attacks with that. It wiped some waves before the spawn effect had finished. Not the fastest to dispatch bosses, but a loving blender for normal rooms.

Nybble posted:

Patroclus and Achilles

That one is by far the longest, because you're locked out of progress until you finish both Sisyphus and Orpheus & Eurydice which also takes a while.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

God the aspect of Guan Yu. Went into the final boss with 4 death defiance and barely scraped by with no DDs and 10 health. Glad I am never doing that again.

Klyith posted:

Also trying to wrap up the epilogue and the last story bits here. It's amazing how you can still find new things after playing a whole lot of repeats. For example, did you know that if you are killing guys fast enough, Zag gets really :smug: and talks poo poo?

No, but I learned that if you get beat up in a Trial of the Gods against Artemis, she has dialogue discussing how she's giving you her boon out of pity.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Something about the Technical Test Stream wasn't sitting right with me, and I figured out what it is today, thanks to RNG:

Having to choose a Tool is Bad. Zag can fish whenever a spot pops up. Mel should be able to gather whenever an item pops up.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

Something about the Technical Test Stream wasn't sitting right with me, and I figured out what it is today, thanks to RNG:

Having to choose a Tool is Bad. Zag can fish whenever a spot pops up. Mel should be able to gather whenever an item pops up.

No, I liked that wrinkle. You're basically committing to a certain type of "bonus" resource at the start. But, it seems like you're rewarded with a fair amount of whatever that resource is. When I had the pickaxe, it seemed like I was getting 9-12 Silver every run. When it was convincing souls, it seemed like I was getting 2-3 of those per runs (@ 30 Psyche each). Same thing with the Spade. So, you're just specializing the run. Plus the Forget-Me-Not system, if you're looking to upgrade a certain weapon or get a certain Card or whatever, you can focus on it.

Plus, who's to say that you don't get to swap out the Tools mid-run in between areas.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

FooF posted:

Plus, who's to say that you don't get to swap out the Tools mid-run in between areas.

OK, that's something I didn't think about...

But overall, I just don't like having to do that kind of thing.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

the tools (along with the cards that work as the mirror equivalent) are definitely something where I’ll need to see how they fit into the actual game before I pass judgement

i felt a visceral reaction to realizing I’d have to constantly choose whether to fish or not tho

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I should get back into Hades to try to do some of the postgame stuff (though to confirm, the end of the main plot is (Big spoilers obvs) BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS Persephone going back to Hades with Zagreus, right?

To those who have played the Technical Test: Does Melinoe have a narrator that she is able to hear and respond to, and occasionally gets catty with like Zagreus does? :v:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

I should get back into Hades to try to do some of the postgame stuff (though to confirm, the end of the main plot is (Big spoilers obvs) BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS Persephone going back to Hades with Zagreus, right?

To those who have played the Technical Test: Does Melinoe have a narrator that she is able to hear and respond to, and occasionally gets catty with like Zagreus does? :v:

Yes. It's the same narrator. And the game reveals who it is.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Unlucky7 posted:

i'd say the 'main' plot doesn't actually end until you resolve the reconciling with olympus quests that come afterwards, but the credits roll you're talking about is definitely the climax either way

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I should get back to playing to complete the "true end", I only saw credits roll.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
I haven't even cracked 50 escape attempts I'm nowhere near that ending am I???

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I was done when I beat the last boss, the controls were making my hands hurt so that was a good stopping point

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I also went back to try and wrap things up, Patroclus & Achilles are the only big ones left and blessedly I think I triggered the next big event but outside that I’ve got a handful of annoying minor prophecies to clean up as well.

Took a half dozen runs just to get the last Aphrodite one bc I didn’t know it could only be triggered if you already took Crushing Shot.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
You're not done until you've reached the highest rank with the resource director and cleared a 32 heat run.

Sorry, but those are the rules.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Master Twig posted:

You're not done until you've reached the highest rank with the resource director and cleared a 32 heat run.

Awwww I’ve only done the second one…

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

I haven't even cracked 50 escape attempts I'm nowhere near that ending am I???

Have you been giving nectar to the olympian gods? The trigger is "The Queen's Plan: Grow closer with more Olympians so the plan can unfold"

It might take a while if you gave all your nectar to other people.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Master Twig posted:

I've done both! I ran a mod that gives you 100x darkness to get to the highest rank though, gently caress the resource director I ain't doing 10000 runs.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I don't know if I'm supposed to be reporting bugs as part of the technical test or not but I just managed to turn off all my controller inputs in the Hades window by reassigning every button which was mildly annoying mid run. Anyway game owns. Presumably just gonna buy early access on steam rather than wait for a console port BC I'm that excited.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I really liked God Mode, I managed to beat the game once without needing it though I hope there's a more dynamic version in the sequel, maybe tie it to Heat to make things interesting.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I don't know if I'm supposed to be reporting bugs as part of the technical test or not but I just managed to turn off all my controller inputs in the Hades window by reassigning every button which was mildly annoying mid run. Anyway game owns. Presumably just gonna buy early access on steam rather than wait for a console port BC I'm that excited.

They said during the dev stream that it automatically reports things, so all you need to do is play it.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
https://twitter.com/SupergiantGames/status/1783918715144442021

Anybody in the tech test, get your last rounds in, it's closing up soon!

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Completely missed out, but got to watch a few folks that did get in. See y'all when EA comes out!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Hell yeah I'm pumped.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
EA will be Steam / Epic Store only right?

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
oh cool that was quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Jossar posted:

https://twitter.com/SupergiantGames/status/1783918715144442021

Anybody in the tech test, get your last rounds in, it's closing up soon!

EA coming soon? Great news, I can't wait!