Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
"relatively" doing a LOT of work there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Silksong fans pressed up sadly against the glass, looking in enviously, not wanting to go back to their cold, dark, silent cave.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ziasquinn posted:

"relatively" doing a LOT of work there

It's likely to be this month.

Cactus posted:

Silksong fans pressed up sadly against the glass, looking in enviously, not wanting to go back to their cold, dark, silent cave.

Gonna be genuinely funny if Hades AND Hades 2 come out before Silksong.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

As a Silksong refugee I concur.

I got a crazy build the other day, everything just melted.

It was Talos fists, and I think what was happening was I was sucking them in with the special and applying Weak, then punching Hermes-fast and applying multiple stacks of doom with the Dire Misfortune Boon, which were then all re-applying constantly with the Curse of Longing Boon in an exponential damage arc. I'm sure there are caps on how much this stuff can stack but it felt really insane. For a laugh I decided to kill Theseus first for once and I swear it felt like he was dead in 15-20 seconds.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hermes keeps asking me if I want him to shut up. I keep telling him no. Is there any reason to say yes?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

EA just dropped??

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

^burtle posted:

EA just dropped??

Wow I thought this was lame bait, thank you

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Early Access has an absolutely loving insane amount of stuff in it. I spent 20 hours on it and haven't seen everything.

If you want to know the rough details:

5 weapons, 3 aspects each.
All Arcana seem to be active, including upgrades
5 total areas, 3 below and 2 above, both end after the boss of the area without showing any plot past that. There's at least one more area up above.
Updated "Heat" system (now called Fear) already in.
"Pure Black Stone" which is challenge modes with specific weapon/boon combos
A lot of available characters though quite a few have sketchy art or cloaked sprite design.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 6, 2024

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Wait how long has it been up?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Consoles when?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:eyepop:

Well I've got evening plans set for when I'm home!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

^burtle posted:

EA just dropped??

FireWorksWell posted:

Wow I thought this was lame bait, thank you

This is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill, everybody throw your wallets at the screen, Supergiant is shutting up and letting us give them money.
At least on Steam

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

Wait how long has it been up?

I got early access for a preview/review thing.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I got early access for a preview/review thing.

Yeah I had a feeling because it was so quiet till now.

Early access for early access, huh

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

Yeah I had a feeling because it was so quiet till now.

Early access for early access, huh

They, pretty understandably, have a lot of confidence in this early access. It's not feature complete but it's probably the most fully featured Early Access release I've seen.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

^burtle posted:

EA just released??

Yup. It's official!

The Steam News Page is running slow, so here's what it says for those who can't access it right now:

HADES II Early Access is Here!!
After more than three years in development, our first-ever sequel is now available in Early Access!! Watch our new gameplay showcase to see it in action. Note this contains some spoilers!

Hades II
May 6, 2024 Add to Cart $29.99

We hope you enjoy discovering all that Hades II in Early Access has to offer! It already includes more environments, foes, and fully-voiced characters than the full version of the original game, and we have more in the works. An in-game development roadmap provides additional details about our update plans.

Note for owners of Steam Deck, we're pleased to report Hades II is Deck Verified!

About Hades II
Hades II is a rogue-like dungeon crawler in which you'll battle beyond the Underworld of Greek myth using dark sorcery to take on the sinister Titan of Time. It builds on the best aspects of the award-winning original in an all-new, action-packed, endlessly replayable experience rooted in Greek myth and its deep connections to the dawn of witchcraft.

As the immortal Princess of the Underworld, you'll explore a bigger, deeper mythic world, vanquishing the Titan's forces with the full might of Olympus behind you, in a sweeping story that continually unfolds through your every setback and accomplishment. New locations, challenges, upgrade systems, and surprises await as you delve into the ever-shifting Underworld again and again. For more information, check our Hades II FAQ.

About Early Access
This Early Access launch is an extraordinarily exciting moment for our team as we begin the process that we expect will help us realize this game's potential. As with the original, we designed Hades II for Early Access from the ground up, and look forward to hearing your feedback about all that we've built so far, and integrating that feedback into our plans for the rest of production! This is a game with many interconnected parts, and your feedback helps us ensure everything from the balance to the narrative are working as well as possible.

Should you play in Early Access, or wait for the full game? For many players, it's a good idea to wait for the complete v1.0 before diving in, as Hades II will grow and improve during Early Access, and the true ending of the story won't be available until then. But, if you like the idea of seeing the game evolve over time, and watching the story unfold more gradually, then Early Access is probably for you!

The Hades II Original Soundtrack
Music has always been essential to the experience of each title from Supergiant Games, and Hades II is no exception, with an original soundtrack by our award-winning composer Darren Korb crafted to fit the bewitching theme and variety of all-new characters and environments.

Hades II Original Soundtrack
May 6, 2024 Add to Cart $9.99

Now available alongside the game, the soundtrack is already nearly as expansive as the original, with close to two-and-a-half hours of new music... and still more tracks to be added as development continues. Note: We recommend first experiencing our soundtracks in-game!

What's Next
We're planning our first Major Update for later this year! Please note while we'll be monitoring feedback and reports carefully, this Major Update will take some months following our initial launch. Beyond that, we expect to be in Early Access at least through the end of 2024 in order to build out the remaining content we have planned.

As we take stock of the state of the game and what you think of it, we'll gain a clearer sense of just how close we are to the finish line. For now, it's too early to say when our v1.0 launch will be. Yet even though Hades II won't be complete for some time, we hope you really enjoy it as soon as you start playing.

Lastly: Thank you. This year our studio turns 15 years old, and for all this time we've remained small and independent, working on one major new project after another. None of this would have been possible without the support of our players over the years. So, whether Hades II is your first Supergiant game, or you've been with us since the Bastion days, we're grateful you could join us.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

They, pretty understandably, have a lot of confidence in this early access. It's not feature complete but it's probably the most fully featured Early Access release I've seen.

Hell, I'd have grabbed it no matter how far along it was but that's great to hear.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
drat, seems like this is coming out sooner than I thought it would. Kudos for them, it sounds like they don't even plan to be in EA that long in the grand scheme of things compared to the avg game that goes into EA and remains there for years.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Purchase pending whenever the steam servers stop being punched by this new not-zagreus lady, happy to finally be able to play this!

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Hell yeah, purchased. My son is gonna be crazy excited when I get him from school.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I get why you do early access for the first game in the series but uh how is this not just paying 30 bucks to do Supergiant's QA for them.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

MJeff posted:

So I get why you do early access for the first game in the series but uh how is this not just paying 30 bucks to do Supergiant's QA for them.

Hell I'd pay 'em $90 to do their QA.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

For now, Hades II EA isn't available for consoles.

From the FAQ
Hades II is now available in Early Access on:
· Steam
· Epic Games Store

We do not have a release date set for the completed Hades II v1.0, and expect to be in Early Access at least through the end of 2024. We expect for Hades II to eventually be available for PC, Mac, and console platforms (though cannot confirm which platforms yet).

And from the Tech Support FAQ

How to Report Bugs While Playing
If you run into a bug while playing, please consider pressing F10 to report it to us. (Note this is available on Windows only.) Bug reports help us quickly track and solve issues with the game, improving the experience in Early Access for everyone. Thank you for your help!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MJeff posted:

Part of why Hades was as good as it was is that it responded to a lot of player feedback during the pre-release segment of the game. In theory Early Access is good for that because it allows changes to be made earlier in development schedule.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

MJeff posted:

Im not sure what you think early access is supposed to be

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

MJeff posted:

I don't think participating in EA makes sense for a lot of games, in fact, it might ruin some of them in a lot of cases if you play too much before the full game is out, and it ends up having a negative impact on your will to play the final game when it eventually comes around.

But Hades is a game that is really easy to play for many hundreds of hours, so I don't see that being a problem with wanting to do the EA of Hades II.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Do we have confirmation on saves being wiped before 1.0 or not?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

Do we have confirmation on saves being wiped before 1.0 or not?

The notes say they are going to do their best to preserve saves

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Recommend a thread name change now that EA is out

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

HadEAs II

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

External Organs posted:

Recommend a thread name change now that EA is out

I did a functional one. If someone thinks of a good joke please either post it here and report it or PM one of us to fix it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hades 2: Lades was so good. Rip

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

euphronius posted:

Hades 2: Lades was so good. Rip

It will return someday

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Death to Chronus lades

(bit irked they've spelt it Chronus and not Cronus. Cronus is a separate figure from Chronus - Cronus is the canonical father of Hades)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Death to Chronus lades

(bit irked they've spelt it Chronus and not Cronus. Cronus is a separate figure from Chronus - Cronus is the canonical father of Hades)

That's the kinda thing they'll probably fix to be honest. Unless they're doing something with it.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

HopperUK posted:

That's the kinda thing they'll probably fix to be honest. Unless they're doing something with it.

Yeah, to be fair I appreciate that this is their spin off of Greek myth and I'm sure they're aware of the distinction. Should actually play it and see what they've done with the characters before complaining.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hades 2: Early Access - You Can Kiss The Frog

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
lol instead of 'as much content as hades 1 had when it launched on steam' they've gone for 'more content than the hades 1 full release' ?!

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

Death to Chronus lades

they seem to have made a point of merging the two characters

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Hades 2: Early Access - Death to Balatro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Two runs in, first impressions:

1) It's Hades, but TWO :woop:
2) Melinoe has way better offensive options and damage output than her brother right out of the gate;
3) In comparison though Zagreus is a tank. How much HP do centaur hearts give this game? I wasn't paying attention but no way it's still 25;
3bis) Melinoe is extremely fragile and I'm fairly sure enemies have higher DPS than equivalent biome enemies from 1;
4) MP regen of any kind is gonna be vital with how powerful the omegas are;
5) More Skelly Captain Skelemeus. The shades going O_O in the training arena is an awesome touch;
6) Hestia is cool, grandma's boons still got no metaphorical chill (while their chill status effect got upgraded to freeze);
7) Why you gotta taunt us with fishes but no rod (yet) why.