Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

euphronius posted:

So no like weapon god combo to focus on for the first escape ?

Edit

Never mind I reread what you wrote and get the philosophy

The Chiron aspect of the bow is ludicrously better / easier to use than any other weapon I've tried but you need a decent amount of metaprogression before you can unlock it in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

also all regular damage bonuses stack additively, not multiplicatively, to the point where a 10-20% difference is almost impossible to detect once you're past the very early stages of a run anyways. especially if you get any relevant Chaos boons

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Klyith posted:

The thing someone said earlier about how when you have +300% damage you don't care about another 10% is silly. When you have RNG control you want as much bonus as possible concentrated on one ability. Keep stacking and eventually you have +400%. And even if not, adding 10% to your +300% attack is better than adding 50% to your +50% secondary, because you shouldn't be using the secondary. That's what makes Priv Status have an opportunity cost if it's not part of a bigger synergy.

It's not silly, it's simple math.

It's also a reason not to use Privileged Status, though; the context wasn't "choose this instead of more damage on your main button", it was "choose this instead of the power that gives you slightly more damage on your 2nd or 3rd attack and requires you to diversify your boons."

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 30, 2022

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Wittgen posted:

There is a 32 heat skelly statue. It's really tough.

It's not that bad as long as you're picky about how you build up the heat. Mainly you want to avoid any modifiers that make enemies take longer to kill, because that means geometrically more time to make mistakes.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Lobok posted:

What's everyone's favourite Keepsake to use in Styx? Lately I've been using the one that gives a % damage boost for each Encounter cleared without taking damage to try and get at least a 10% overall boost by the time I fight Hades.

I usually just grab Pom Blossom and keep it all game. It's probably better to switch off it after an act or two once it's upgraded your early, important boons but I'm lazy and most of the good keepsakes are early game-focused anyways.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Lobok posted:

Can Hermes speed up your Special enough that you can get in a whole other Special during the target time when using Chiron? Two is normally the max it seems but three would be, well, better!

You can get three Chiron specials after one normal attack without any boons at all. Hermes boons can get you to four, although I'm not sure exactly where the breakpoint is; it's possible a low-roll common version of the boon might not be enough?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Bastion's controls (and visual feedback) are imprecise in a couple of small but crucial ways that were basically polished out of existence in Hades, despite the two games being extremely similar in many ways. It's an easier game, but still a more frustrating one.

e: and then Transistor is just a bad game on a basic mechanical level, held up entirely by Supergiant's 11/10 presentation. Easily the best soundtrack of anything they've ever made but the game's core gimmick should have stayed on the cutting room floor.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 17, 2023

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I think you need ten wins after the first nectar to get the option of giving him a second.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

That definitely sounds like a bug, then.

Just a random thought -- are you playing with Extreme Measures 4 on? Maybe uber-Hades doesn't count as Hades for purposes of the tally.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

chippy posted:

Mouse aiming seems superior but only having 8 directional movement seemed real bad when I briefly tried it.

It's not much of a loss, evasion in Hades is way, way more about i-frame abuse than it is actual positioning.

It's also not much of a gain unless you're using the ranged weapons, but as far as I'm concerned the other four weapons don't exist :v:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

all right Supergiant Games, its 2024. We’re gonna need that release date for Hades 2

sorry, i dont make the rules

one day after Silksong releases

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

i mean there's an obvious solution here: throw out the metaprogression track entirely, because it sucks, and have the only progress be story-related

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Gato The Elder posted:

Poseidon might be too good in this game. I’m not sure why there’s a boon that adds this much raw damage per hit. It’s kinda like if zeus from Hades 1 did double the damage and didn’t freak out if you attacked too quickly.

so basically Hades 1 open beta Zeus :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

it's good to disincentivize startscumming