Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Coming onto the Hades train very late obviously but man it loving owns, I've been playing nothing else for the past week. I got my first clear on run #28 and then after a few more intermittent fails and clears went on a 13 run clear streak, using all the different weapons and trying to get used to different aspects etc. I was quite pleased with my ability to generally get something out of whatever build I could cobble together and alter my playstyle accordingly.

I've just run into an aspect of beowulf shaped wall though. I know from googling it's regarded as one of the most broken aspects in a positive way but jesus I really don't feel it. I don't want to entirely copy builds from the internet because part of the fun is figuring out synergies yourself but I get the general idea is stacking things into the casts to smash into the enemy's face but it seems to rely a lot on getting very specific gods, chaos boons and hammers in a timely fashion or else it's just deeply unfun, slow and weak to play. I just gave up my last run because I was near the end of Asmodeus and utterly impotent and I couldn't take limping on only to die to Theseus or more likely some poo poo halfway through Elysium when normally I'd be making everything melt by now.

Maybe that's just because it's contrary to my normal style which is zipping around like a squirrel on meth while my casts do a lot of the work for me, or while I plink with powerful ranged damage, or while I dash between all the enemies spamming fast attacks with huge crits.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Maxing out the keepsakes seems much more achievable ATM than affording all the decorative poo poo the contractor has to offer. I'm at 60ish runs and 30 clears and nearly have the keepsakes all maxed

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I seem to have inadvertently made the Gorgon think we're a thing

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I've unfortunately hit something of a wall as I've succumbed to my worse gaming instincts of trying to go for the 'perfect' combination of boons so I can do a higher heat run - I'm going for the last skelly statue. I can't work out how the seed works though, because I've quit runs and then on redoing them have been presented with different gods/choices etc - it makes sense that routine inspection would mess with this but it feels more random than that.

Anyway it feels like I'm actively regressing with these high heat run attempts or I've been unlucky with the rng just giving me total poo poo boon combinations to work with. I'm reading guides like 'oh just get Aphrodite on attack and Artemis on special' and it's like would that it were so fuckin easy! It feels like when I go for easy runs I get great boon combinations early and then when I go for hard runs I'm scrabbling round in the dirt for semi-decent boons all the way to the end of Elysium.

Also benefits package is ruining my life. I've tried to balance the pact of punishment by taking mega dad but getting rid of the second level of benefit package and even then I've been coming across some of the most insanely bullshit rooms, like rooms full of turbo speed ghost witches, or hordes of numbskulls who regenerate each others shields

Anyway just wanted to vent. Game good.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

Oh I got the Spear W with a Vicious/Chain Skewer special spam. I think I'll fill out Zag Fists/Chaos Shield/Poseidon Sword/Eris Rail/Chiron Bow/Achilles Spear as I accumulate heat.

https://www.leereamsnyder.com/hades-build-guide is your friend