Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Caidin posted:

I've been playing this since last year and it's just been amazing watching it come together bit by bit but even now I still can't really say for sure if Hypnos is loving with me or not.

I habitually avoided Zeus boons for months since his poo poo never quite clicks outside his primary attack buff on Exagryph or maybe his cast, anyone had any good luck with him?

I've enjoyed his stuff in conjunction with the Jolted effect, since the lightning effects chain and are attached to everything it's easier to spread than Doom or similar effects even if it only triggers on their attack rather than a timer. I'm a big fan of his cast as well, really easy to lob at folks around corners and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

srulz posted:

How does the "reloading" work for the bombs? Do you get the throw all 3 after a slight delay each time, or only the first time and you'll have to wait for all the bombs to reaccumulate?

No increased delay.
shoot...wait...shoot...wait...
becomes
shootshootshoot...wait...shootshootshoot...wait...

It's an amazing upgrade only hampered by the bombs' delay in landing.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Well, I made it past Elysium. Made it past the threshold (I liked the (Not Really) on the vanquish screen). Didn't make it past the part after that. Still, new record for my 23rd run.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

I'm gonna have to vouch for the Bone Hourglass as it's deceptively useful in that it lets you carry a bunch of the fairly powerful temporary effects into boss fights (and generally keep you topped off).

Yeah, if you're buying those temporary boons the hourglass is amazing value.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Got it on my 24th run. That Dionysus legendary was amazing and would've been even better if I had a way of applying poison other than my Call. Fortunately Proud Bearing let me start with my meter partially full, so everything in the satyr rooms was hitting F, triple-cast festive fog, and watch them immediately die.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Do note that Hermes does not count as a God for those trinkets and can appear before the mandated boon.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I had a run yesterday with the Zeus/Artemis duo that makes dropped cast shards into AoE lightning storms, as well as bonus lightning hits and fun stuff like that. Nearly died in the arena because three were just sitting next to Theseus triggering his second phase earlier than I was prepared for.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I haven't played with that pact yet but I've had the same thing with the Chaos boon. "Oh I avoid those anyway" you think, confidently walking in front of a dart lion while knocking the enemy onto a plate.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm still too lazy to figure out how to beat Theseus or the shield spirits without brute forcing through their shields.

Dash goes right through enemies, and after Theseus throws a spear he likes to wander away from you for a while.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

There was a Canadian cartoon with kids who are descendants of heroes fighting Kronos and whatnot; Hades is portrayed as a really foppish god who is actually quite pleasant

Class of the Titans. Not bad.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I bought the rod and have seen some sparkle points in the starting room on a run, but haven't been able to use them. Do I need to pick up the rod somewhere or am I looking for something else for fishing points?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hogama posted:

Generally you need to do whatever it is that makes the next room available before you can fish, even if that's just picking up a Centaur Heart in the last room.
But that doesn't mean it can't be bugged.

That was it, I tried before clearing the room and didn't think to check after.