Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Fun things I just realized:

You kind of do the reverse of a typical dungeon crawl, starting in the lowest depths of hell and finishing up by fighting rats and gaining treasure.

Your weapons are all under a pomegranate tree.

Edit: thing I've known for a while but just ran into again playing, Artemis commits the horrible error of being horny on main.

Benagain fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
The night material description openly says that you're bound to the underworld the mpre of it you have in you.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I think I won the game for the first time on like my 40th run? Now I'm pretty consistent.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Relevant cross post from the Roman/Ancient history thread:

https://kiwihellenist.blogspot.com/2017/02/dying-and-rising-gods-are-they-thing.html

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Yeah i suck at this game, but that does mean i get to see all the new dialouge! I've got maybe 10 clears and almost 100 runs

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
lol, if you summon Dusa while fighting Megara she squeaks 'please be okay!' at the end of the fight.

also goddamit I just got that the food is a gyro with fries.

Benagain fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Sep 26, 2020

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Weirdly, there was an Ouya exclusive game with a broadly similar concept.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Zeus shield rules, I can report. Boost that sucker up a bit and then put a good special on it and watch everything melt.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
ahahaha, I picked Dionysus over Artemis in a god duel and Dio cheerfully went "Wow, you're in trouble now man!"

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I like that in terms of boon choice, Posideon is your fun bro uncle who also doesn't understand anything outside of his scope of interest so at a certain point he just hands you 20 bucks and tells you to have fun by yourself.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Furies wise? Nope.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
God I need to look up exactly what I had but my favorite run so far was Poseidon dash + double knockback + rupture + double damage against bosses + duo boon with zeus that makes lightning hit whoever you knock back + jolted + duo boon with demeter that means jolted keeps going for 10 seconds.

Things just...melted after I ran into them.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Someone in this thread introduced me to the strategy of picking god trinkets after Tartarus to basically seal in whatever god you want, which I like since I've been burned before.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Hades: you can pet Dog Alpha but not Dog Beta or Gamma

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Huh. I think Hades call clears poison effects.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm deliberately failing the Erebus challenges to get more onions. Deliberately, I say!

Also in terms of 'other things they could add to the game" one of Nyx's other kids is Nemesis, who punishes hubris. Tons of potential there!

Although I'm not sure if Zagreus could actually be hubristic, seeing as he is literally a god.

edit: also as a tip for the mouse/keyboard people, I rebound my special to my mouse and oh my god the difference in all weapons is extremely good.

Benagain fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 10, 2020

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
One of my favorite bits is when you're chatting with achillies and he's like "yeah I'm guessing you're the god of blood probably? You've got the stones, you bleed red, eh I dunno."

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I didn't beat the final boss till run 35ish.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
lucifer rules, build around the special. aoe insanity.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
look we can either have a redrawn sprite or infinite voice lines and I think they made the right pick.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
mechanically that might be slightly true but there is no funnier companion summon and i am comfortable staking that position out.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Took me 48 runs to beat the boss for the first time and i didn't clear the game until like 100+ and i was seeing new dialogue that whole time

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
let's loving goooooooo I am IN

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm torn between getting back into hades to gently caress around a bit or starting over to get the full experience

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Best Dusa call is her going "PLEASE DON'T BE MAD!" if you summon her against Meg

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Feldegast42 posted:

I still lol that Zag can get a pinup poster of his naked aunt on his wall

they're greek gods. there's a dialogue bit with Achilles where Zag asks him how he should feel about the threesome and Achilles basically shrugs and goes "you're all immortal deities you do you"

edit: Artemis's growing Zag-lust will always be funny to me especially in that one bit when Aphrodite shows up and Artemis freaks out trying to figure out how she tracked her and the literal goddess of love just says 'yes hmmm how did I the goddess of love find you here so mysterious'

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Anyone have thoughts on steam vs switch versions? Performance, game feel, etc?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XucgtuFqIec

livestream of the devs playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
You guys don't understand! It was an exceptionally viscious rat!