Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have got this game like a week ago and have been playing it nonstop help it is so good.

There's just so much to it. It's fully voice acted, it has a bunch of voice lines I wasn't expecting, it has so many choices and options, I love the art style and character design.

I haven't even beaten a run yet and this is still the best game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Blargle. Won my first run, then the next one, then choked the third one at the final boss because I thought the waves would stop sooner. Lame.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

teddust posted:

It's probably not optimal, but I've pretty much ignored cast so far just to minimize the number of things I need to think about. It's worked so far to heat level 9. So something to think about if you are struggling with juggling all your attacks.

Two of my three wins have come from stacking Demeter's cast to do damage while I run around hiding from attacks so I'm gonna have to disagree with this.

On an unrelated note, I need to remember that the spear's spin attack and the shield's bull rush are not their special and should stop getting boons that boost special with them in mind.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

This is my dumbest win so far. Just dropped all three of my casts, stood on the opposite side of the enemy, and spammed attack to win. Cursed Slash is dumb if you get enough health.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Chairchucker posted:

Aphrodite's greater cast deletes entire phases of bosses.

Call and cast are different things, and you don't need to have Aphrodite's cast to get her call.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I know at some point you talk to Nyx and Zag is like 'hey you said the mirror has additional power can i have that now' and she says 'yeah go ahead' and then it unlocks the green options and tells you how to get them.

So either that was added in a patch or this is your fault.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

......I was right now years old when I learned that you can manually pick and choose which boons get highlighted in your end-of-run summary screen.

:negative:

Welp.

Same.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Last Celebration posted:

Nope, surprisingly. I went for it cause I thought it was plot relevant and no mention before or afterwards.

It was added in a later update, actually.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It is a wonder why they prioritize the country that has almost 20 times as many people as the other.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

A worthy death.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Jossar posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/hades/mods/152

They made Hades: The Homestuck Mod, in pre-alpha and I'm too afraid to see if it's any good or not, even by the standards of just being a character swap mod.

Ah, terrifying, thank you.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I like Aphrodite's War Goddess look.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Figured I may as well actually finish all the content in Hades 1 now that 2 is on the horizon. Forgot I didn't even technically finish the main story, lol.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

God the aspect of Guan Yu. Went into the final boss with 4 death defiance and barely scraped by with no DDs and 10 health. Glad I am never doing that again.

Klyith posted:

Also trying to wrap up the epilogue and the last story bits here. It's amazing how you can still find new things after playing a whole lot of repeats. For example, did you know that if you are killing guys fast enough, Zag gets really :smug: and talks poo poo?

No, but I learned that if you get beat up in a Trial of the Gods against Artemis, she has dialogue discussing how she's giving you her boon out of pity.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I still havent' beaten Hades 1's epilogue I thought I would have more time AAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Okay I gave up on finishing the epilogue of Hades 1 before starting 2 (because Persephone just will not stand still and give me the dialogue I need...) so I started 2. Can consistently get to area three but god that place sucks. Only got to the boss once and...

Cerby no!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have gotten to the final boss of area 4 and I think they are very rude.

In retrospect I should have expected the Titan of Time to not care about my slowdown but that does mean I am happy about it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sydin posted:

(although I still have no idea how you dodge getting sheeped)
Exactly, thank you.

You can just dash back and forth into the projectile. It's fast enough that your dash comes back before it can turn around and hit you. It goes away on it's own eventually.

Jack Trades posted:

Does the EA version have metaprogression implemented already? Is it just as bad as the first game's?

It has the metaprogression, yes. I dunno what you mean by 'just as bad' though. In some ways it's quite different from the first games (arcana is significantly different from the mirror) and in other ways it's pretty close (you have to collect two different currencies to unlock it, for example.)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

The absolute worst part of the first game was you having to juggle half a dozen currencies, like it was some kind of MMO, and you having to frequently choose to sacrifice your run for the sake of getting more metaprogression that in turn gave you pure power for the next run. It's among the worst implementations I've seen in the genre.

Then none of that has changed. If anything it is worse because there is now crafting so there's even more things to collect.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Cactrot posted:

The final combo attack not being cancel-able with a dodge has put me in a lot of bad spots when using the axe. I'll be almost done with a combo, get the danger sense and dodge away only for the final attack to play out with full animation lock after I've reached my destination after dodging. It makes the axe a pain to use, since I love dodging.

On the other hand, I enjoy being able to reposition the axe mid combo.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I feel like you only really need one MP boon per run and then you're just kind of set.

I do keep forgetting sprint exists, though. Too used to Hades 1.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Caidin posted:

Shoot, there's a card that does MP regen in a good enough kinda way. Maybe not enough for a super MP hungry build but I dunno how real those are yet?

The torch seems super MP heavy but I did that exactly once so who knows.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Also, holy poo poo the (area 2 boss) Scylla and the Sirens fight. I love the character designs, I love the song, I love the "featured artist" mechanic. So loving good!

They get better it's amazing.

'Oh, hey, they made a joke about how Scylla made a new song about how she's gonna rip out Melinoe's eyes. That's funny.

...Is this a new background song?

Are the lyrics actually about Scylla ripping out Melinoe's eyes?

God this game is great already.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Has anyone else heard "Hecate" pronounced the way they say Hecate in this game before?

It is how I've heard it pronounced.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Alright, first clear at night 14. Unlocked going to the surface the run afterwards and the two cutscenes bled into each other, lol.

His second phase is significantly easier than the first, which was a bit strange, and my finger is tired of clicking the right mouse button for the normal staff special. Healing Hex was definitely the MVP of this run, would have died without it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

FooF posted:

Re: Final boss

Now that I’ve fought him multiple times, the dread is gone. I mean, thing about the first time you encountered Hades and his multi beam attack. Probably killed a ton of us and we all went “no fair!” But you live and learn and realize it really isn’t that bad once you figure it out. It’s still punishing if you screw it up but that’s on you.

The instakill attack has a 3-4 second wind up. Now that I know what to look for, I haven’t been hit by it since. It’s just a learning curve thing and I don’t think it’s unfair at all.

I mean, also, I didn't even know there was an instant kill attack, so whatever it was seems pretty easy to avoid assuming no bugs.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Jossar posted:

Okay, FINE, I guess I'll stop using cast builds.

Remember how I said before that the direct damage hexes suck unless you have a way to boost them? Well, the Path of Stars didn't oblige but Artemis did! Being able to multiply that by several times really made a difference in this one.

Also, I love Arachne. She's just so sweet and messed up all at once. Good thing that Athena's not in this game or she'd throw an even bigger fit regarding the gods if she saw her boons.

Athena's not in this game YET.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I still have yet to figure out the torch and I have not unlocked the last weapon but the other three are cool.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Warmachine posted:

If you want a scorch build, you REALLY need Fire Extinguisher.

I dunno what the problem is, you'll win EVENTUALLY.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Wafflecopper posted:

Is Hades' Howling Soul buff not implemented yet, or am I just really unlucky? It's the last one I need for the prophecy and I've never been offered it despite visiting him a lot of times

I got it, so it is in the game.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

yeah that mechanic is funny and thematic but it proooobably shouldn't exist past EA lol

Yeah, pausing is there for a reason.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

I can reliably get to [Redacted], but I’m yet to kill him.

What really fucks my runs is when [Redacted] forcibly teleports me into Asphodel, how the hell do I dodge the projectiles and explosion spam inside the golden circle? Am I meant to clear out the enemies first?

The primary method for dealing with that is 'being ranged', I think.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Naturally Chronos has heard me bragging about me killing his second phase with no issues the first time I got to it and has decided to murder me every time I get to it from now on. Impolite.

To be fair this last time was my fault for taking Nemesis' keepsake instead of the tooth.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Eris is quite literally the disaster gay and I'm so here for her antics

Seriously, I can't believe they just had Eris go straight to calling Melnioe 'babe'.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Warmachine posted:

The real question is does she do it because Eris likes Mel, or because Eris is Strife and knows it irritates Mel (thus creating strife).

Both, I think.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Funky Valentine posted:

These bathtub scenes are completely insane from a conceptual standpoint.

Excuse me they are hot springs scenes.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

Apolle and Arachne are both kind of leaving me waiting for the moment when they reveal just how messed up they truly are, only with Arachne the actress is layering every single thing she says with this icing of "I have so much bitterness and resentment that I am only just keeping a lid on, you don't even know" whereas Apollo is mostly just blandly nice except in one conversation with Hephaestus so far.

As Melinoe is not in Apollo's dating pool, being a relative, she is safe from turning into a plant.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well, finished my first run up towards the surface. Pretty easy.

Dunno if I want to be done until more updates or attempt to find, like, the 5 people who I have not met but are in the game probably.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I enjoyed my 'cast follows me' boon during the one run I took it on the duel blades. I'd imagine it works great with Poseidon cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Huh, I actually ran out of time fighting the final boss with the level 1 timer boon on. That never happened to me in Hades 1.

To be fair it was not a great build (Haephasteous mana regen is bad! You do not want to get hit!)