Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Torrannor posted:

Wait, the guy voicing Zagreus composed basically all the amazing soundtrack in this game? My mind is blown!

Yeah Darren Korb is the best, he's soundtracked all of Supergiant's games. He voiced Zag as a placeholder early in development and obviously nailed it so they kept him on. He also provided Orpheus' singing voice, and Skelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

It's Korbin' time

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

How does she smell?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

I like the spear (Brusher's Pike was also one of my favourites in Bastion) but one thing to note is that the range on the standard attack is longer than you might expect and getting used to that means standing further away from enemies which means taking less damage. If you're getting right up close like you're using the sword or the fists you're probably doing it wrong.

For me it feels like a precision weapon (think bow) rather than a mashing weapon. Play accordingly.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Meaty Ore posted:

The real pro strategy is to make that particular escape your 32 heat run.

Oh that's sneaky. Does it count? Wouldn't you need to already have done the first two statues? In fact, isn't the Pact only unlocked after ten wins?

I remember that when I got my tenth successful run I was annoyed because it would have been the first one with a new weapon (probably the Rail) and I didn't get the prophecy credit.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

Iirc the pact is after one successful run, it’s been a hot minute since ive done a non-Hell run but it’d be weird to not have it unlocked after that since you have the chance of wasted runs if you’d prefer sticking to the same weapons

Oh you're probably right actually. Makes more narrative sense for it to be part of the "testing defences" but yeah mechanically you'd need it before that to avoid wasted runs as you said.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Had a run yesterday with Hera Bow, Aphrodite Cast at level 9, Artemis and Hermes legendary boons so I was just dumping five bloodstone into every shot for absolutely stupid damage. Also had a Chaos boon that boosted cast damage; I think the only other major improvement could have been getting Exit Wounds. Oh, and I got the hammer that let's you fire with just a tap (flurry fire?) so it was all happening at max speed as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Going to be waiting for the (eventual, probable) Switch release and trying to remain un-spoiled on things until then

So probably ought to stop reading this thread soon!