Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Fun game, beat Hades by stacking Artemis boons and constantly crit him for 1000+ damage every swing. Then beat him again right after with the sword again, still can't beat him with any of the other weapons.

Great stuff all around, my only two gripes is that the second boss is boring and the gun feels awful to use until you get a daedalus upgrade (or until you upgrade its ammo capacity in the loadout I guess, still haven't spent any blood on that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I think most of the gods just want to dunk on Hades, with maybe the exception of Artemis and/or Ares.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just noticed there's a single red shade that cheers for you during the Theseus and Minos fight. He has a banner and all.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I wish I could give Cerberus pats every time, but he seems to be missing a lot when you come back after reaching the fourth area.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone had any luck with Zeus? His boons seem pretty bad across the board, as they seem to focus on Aoe damage, but most weapons have some sort of better solution for that through their Daedalus upgrades.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Missing one character, the second one in the "Others" category. I believe it is Orpheus though I haven't seen anything of him even if some characters have mentioned him at times. Anyone know how to get him to show up/where to find him?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Begemot posted:

You have to pay a diamond to the contractor to release him from eternal punishment. It's just one of the random options that can show up.

Ah, perfect. Cheers!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Managed to flawless the Hydra on the back of the incredibly strong shotgun daedalus mod for the gun, and discovered that there unfortunately doesn't seem to be any unique dialogue for that.

Edit: Is there any way of upgrading the quality of your boons outside of that special room in Asphodel? Other than replacing them at least.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Dec 18, 2019

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
The Hermes plume keepsake could use some tuning. It's fine for the first area, you can get a lot of triggers there, some in the second area even, but after that there are too many enemies and spawns and you'll pretty much never trigger it again.

srulz posted:

So I've got the options between these 3 upgrades for my Rail:

1. Infinite ammo
2. Spread fire
3. Triple bomb

All 3 sounds absolutely delicious. Which one is the best?

Spread Fire carried my last Rail run hard.They're all good though.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

srulz posted:

More questions:
1. How much is the ammo used up per shot?
2. Can you just hold fire, or there'll be slight delay and need to retap?
3. How is each bullet's interaction with Artemis's Support Fire & Zeus's Lightning Bolt? Because I have both of them currently.

I've only really ran it once, so I'm probably not the best authority on it, but from what I remember:
1: It still uses 1 per shot, though I'm actually kinda doubting myself on this now.
2: No, it turns the Rail into more of a semiautomatic shotgun, there is a slight delay between each shot.
3: I'm... not actually sure, I think they count as separate, but I was running a max crit/armor sundering build, so it didn't really play into it.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 18, 2019

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Holy hell, some of the duo powers are just nuts. I got the Ares + Athena dual boon that triggers all instances of doom if you do damage with something that deflects, and coupled with doom on attack and deflect on dash I melted Theseus in less than 20 seconds.

Edit: Hades too went down like an absolute chump, had well over half left on the Lambent Plume timer, so 20-25 seconds? Entire run took about 22 minutes, 10 minutes faster than than my last best, and I wasn't exactly rushing.
drat that was a broken combo.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Dec 18, 2019

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is there anything to use darkness on after you've unlocked everything in the mirror?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

The game is essentially feature complete. All planned areas are in and the last boss is done. They are solidly in the polishing and tweaking phase phase of development. This is not to say they can't decide to add more, but what's there is generally going to be it. There are only a handful of major things they've said are still to come, including another weapon, aspects, legendary keepsakes, possibly another Olympian and then lore/story stuff.

Do you have a source on that all planned areas are in, because the "ending" to the game atm literally says "That's it, for now", "The hero's story will continue, but not right now", etc...

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
You can do some fun stuff with poseidon if you get all his knockback/knock enemies into things boons, but it takes a while to get there, and it's not that useful against bosses so eh

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
A question about a final boss attack:

At a certain point in phase 2, he will spawn green urns all over the arena, and soon after deploy an expanding ring that covers everything (like the skull effect only that it covers everything instead of 3/4ths). How do you avoid this attack?
I've just gotten used to either tanking it, or dodging it with some sort of immunity like some of the call effects, because he only seems to use it once or twice during a fight.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Krazyface posted:

Some weird stuff going on with heat. In my current run, when I was choosing heat options at the start, I couldn't get any boss rewards to show up. That is, no matter how high I set the heat, the planning screen told me I already had won the special resources for beating each boss at that level. I know for a fact I haven't. Now that I've started playing (at heat level 1), there are no rewards coming through. Is this a known bug?

It seems to me you have to beat a lower heat run to unlock all the rewards for a higher heat run. So you can't, for example, get 3/4 rewards for 2 heat, then go get 3/4 rewards for 3 heat and so on, you have to complete a run with that heat.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, nothing feels worse than only getting choices between darkness and gems for the entire first stage.

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

You just need to dash through it. Only the perimeter hurts you. The urns are mainly there to hold you in place if you get too close when they break.

Thought I tried that and took damage anyway. Will try again though, cheers.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Swaps are rare? Feels like I get the option for one almost every time I pick up a new boon after I've filled out some of the main (attack, special, cast, call) boon slots.
They also seem to almost always be one rarity higher than the boon you are currently using in that slot.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So what's the strongest combos people have found so far? I still haven't had anything come close to beating the sword with the Ares/Athena duo boon, doom on attack and deflect on dodge. It just demolished everything like nothing else.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm gonna have to vouch for the Bone Hourglass as it's deceptively useful in that it lets you carry a bunch of the fairly powerful temporary effects into boss fights (and generally keep you topped off).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

awesmoe posted:

i think its only those 4 because you only get it for the characters you can romance

...you can romance Skelly?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Sniper mixed with perfect shot does great for me though granted I still haven't used the Hera aspect yet so the bonus damage might be moot if stacking casts is enough to just crush everything anyway.

Alternatively flurry attack and just play it like a infinite ammo rail and stack on hit effects lol.

I had mixed success with the sniper upgrade. "Distant enemies" seems to mean at the very end of your attack range, and it's very hard to consistently hit powershots on those.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
While we've got Dead Cells in here, I wish this game had a bit more variation in the levels for each run. The only differences pretty much come through the abilities you pick up, the stages and bosses are more or less the same (with the exception of the furies, and with some exceptions for higher levels of additional boss ability Pact of Pain, though I've only noticed differences with the Furies and the Hydra so far), since it's all just... rooms.

The presentation is excellent though, and I do appreciate that everything has obscene amounts of voice lines, so you rarely hear repeats.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

exquisite tea posted:

Who am I supposed to give this blood to (the item you get the first time you kill Meg)? I thought Z mentioned giving it to Achilles but I don't see the option to gift it to him, only the nectar.

The blood is for upgrading weapons. Interact with a weapon again in the training room after you've equipped it and you'll enter the upgrade screen.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Lakitu7 posted:

It seems that way. It was the first time I came back (died) after unlocking the last weapon (rail).

Now I'm not sure what to actually upgrade. None of these enhancements sounds all that impressive and titan blood is extremely limited.

If you're boring like me, putting everything into crit chance for the bow, damage reduction on the shield, or extra ammo on the Rail is pretty effective.
Also it makes the rail less obnoxious to start off with.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Has anyone actually managed to use the shield aspects effectively? Both of them feel kinda lackluster compared to just bashing people's face in (with some extra damage reduction as a bonus).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Snake Maze posted:

The extra throwing shields seems really good to me. You're bullrushing all the time anyway, so just toss out your shield occasionally between charges to rack up tons of chip damage on all the other enemies. The damage reduction isn't as big a deal imo, since you can already block stuff with any shield.

I haven't tried the blitz shied outside of the training room yet. It seems underwhelming, but it doesn't make you lose your shield, so depending on how it interacts with special boons maybe it could be good?

I'm fully open to the idea that there are some combos that make the multiple shield throw useful (and I admittedly haven't upgraded it more than once), but I feel that if I want that chip/trigger on everything functionality I might as well run the bow.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just had a win with absolutely no synergy. Just Rail with poison on attack, a bunch of damage resistance (Athena, Aphrodite, Dionysus) and 500 max hp. Final boss couldn't bring my health down fast enough as I just facetanked everything he threw at me while my pitiful damage and poison burned him down.

Fun stuff.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Playing around with this some more, one thing that's really been irking me is how much invulnerability stuff the bosses get. It's not uncommon to pop off a Zeus Call or something and whoops, the boss just entered an invulnerability phase, seems like you're about to waste half of it.
I know it's gated by boss health thresholds, but still. It's annoying having to keep track off.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone have the dev post about considering the game content complete? I'm around 5 heat on every weapon, and it's starting to get a bit stale.
The PoP modifiers really don't do much from keeping every run from feeling the same.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Hogama posted:

They've commented on at least one thread, but it's also on their roadmap. Like, they're not completely ruling out things like new biomes and attendant enemies and bosses for the post-early access future, but they're pushing to 1.0 and so what they consider to be the core structure is already in place.

Cheers, think I'll shelve the game for now and pick it up closer to release. Got a good 25 hours out of it already, so great value.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Game is essentially a twin stick shooter, it's really no problem playing those with KB/M.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
In my experience it's always the third chamber if it's normal, or the next chamber after the third you take if the third one is an elite room.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I don't really buy it, I figure some of the other gods would have something to say about that. Especially someone like Dionysus.

Edit: I do agree with you that there's something strange about that comment from Hades you mentioned though.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jan 1, 2020

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It's fine, go for it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Honestly, the game is kinda shallow as it is. Most weapons feel pretty similar for each run except for some daedalus upgrades, and the levels are all very much the same every run.
It's the usual Supergiant polish on everything that elevates it from good to great.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jan 5, 2020

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
There's a funny little scene you can run into between Thanatos and Hypnos where Hypnos suggest that if every mortal died at once, it would make Thanatos' job much easier and they could spend more time together. Thanatos just tells him to stop being ridiculous and that's the end of that.

Could mean something, could not. Who knows.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So much reducing

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Demeter frost debuff seems pretty strong. It works on bosses and stacks up to 10 times, so it really helps you just brute force damage race down the harder ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, this game is really grindy if you want to go for the "Epilogue ending".

I gather that I just need to keep at it, and that both that and the hidden aspects are pure RNG (Yes, I have invested enough blood into each weapon).