Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Krazyface posted:

They've straight-up said they're adding another Olympian god.

Hera? I think she's the only major one out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Wahad posted:

Also Apollo, Hephaestus, Demeter (though given the nature of Zag's quest, she might not be implemented) and maybe Hestia.

E; beaten like Zag by a bone hydra.

Hammers are already in the game, that’s basically what Hephaestus does, and I don’t think Demeter fits, as you said. Apollo works, although the arrow stuff is already covered by Artemis.

Now I want prophet Apollo and a rewind button.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I'm liking the Pierced Butterfly. Not because anything it does, because I'm slightly less of a bloody idiot when picking it.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Andrast posted:

I'm not super experienced yet but I have difficulty justifying picking anything except the pierced butterfly

It makes you go slow. Gotta go fast.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Mindblast posted:

:laffo: So on my last win I think the (current) last boss made a cheeky comment that basically said "well if more people bought the game / we had more manpower/money the whole game would've been finished already" .

I really like how they refer to Early Access ingame.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Hmnnn... Trying both the Guan Yu spear AND Extreme Measures simultaneously was a Bad Idea

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I'm poo poo at swording. Please tell me the most broken combo I can do with a sword and 7-ish Titan Blood.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Dias posted:

Poseidon Sword and go hard on Artemis for the Cast boosts.

I did this for my last run and ended up with 7 casts, Chill on cast, 5 seconds until the bloodstones came off, 140 damage when they did and they also created lightning while on the floor.

It was disgusting.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I had 5 blood laying around and decided to upgrade the basic bow to max. Wasn't expecting much, but Artemis Special and an extra Chaos boon on top makes dashing to an enemy and shotgunning it in the back a very viable tactic.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

What's the best use for the door rerolls? So far I'm thinking Poms into Boons, or non synergistic gods into others. I'm under the impression that Mercury is on a different list that the other boons, though, so I'm not sure about it.

Also, does forcing a god into the run with their trinket means that they will be offering further boons even if they weren't "supposed" to be in the list of available gods?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

You can give a nickname to the hydra :3:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Does family favourite give you a damage boost from Hermes and Chaos boons too? Very easy to get to 4 gods then for a better and more consistent damage boost.

Chaos is not an Olympian, so theoretically them shouldn't count. No idea whether that's actually the case, though.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

AceOfFlames posted:

Run 34 and I still can't beat this game (Final boss is the worst) Any must have tips?

The Final Boss will generate a ring like the ones from the skulls as soon as he get's up for the second phase. Don't be like me and get hit by it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. because you're dumb and forget about it.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I have been hit occasionally by Hades' beam while blocking, but I'm not sure whether it's my crappy third party controller deciding that I'm not pressing hard enough or if there is something else going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Just had my first Heat 5 run on 1.0 with the gun. Went full Zeus and got the Hammer that increased attack speed. I only took hits because I couldn't see the enemies under a yellow cloud.