Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone had any luck with Zeus? His boons seem pretty bad across the board, as they seem to focus on Aoe damage, but most weapons have some sort of better solution for that through their Daedalus upgrades.

I just like his Cast, personally. Real good for damaging large amounts of weak enemies. The rest of the stuff is a bit eh. The special can be alright with certain weapons (pretty decent with sword, for instance) but overall not exactly my fave.

Better than Dionysus at least. Poison is just not strong enough even if you stack it real high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I just unlocked the torches and took them out for a spin. I really dislike the torches, as it turns out! They just feel bad to use, like I'm throwing foam darts at enemies. I get that they wanted to balance the "ranged" weapon but loving hell this weapon feels awful. Only weapon I've actually died to the first zone miniboss with.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Got my first win, on the back of the ridiculous power that is Charon Aspect axe build. Just absolutely deletes screens. Hey, where do you get the Dark resource you need for the Thanatos axe aspect? It's the only one of those I still haven't unlocked.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

lih posted:

mp is really not much of an obstacle with any of the decent regeneration boons.

i think the only omega attacks (out of the default aspects) i haven't managed to build around yet are the daggers standard attack, and the staff special, but both seem like they could still easily be built around - with the daggers you probably want to build around backstabbing i guess.

I had a build that was carried to floor 4 (though not a win) on the staff special. Apollo's special boon + the hammer thing that lets you overcharge the special = a REALLY big explosion every time.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zeta Zetton posted:

I don't think I like how much the game pushes you to use omega attacks. Yeah they do big damage, but the game feels balanced around that so regular attacks seem too weak in comparison i think? I dunno I'm not a game dev, I just know something about the numbers doesn't feel great to me, especially if you get unlucky and don't get a boon early one. Both of the area 1 minibosses in particular are miserable if you get unlucky with certain weapons. Luckily this, like most problems, is solved simply by using a giant kickass axe.

At one point Chaos will mention it and give you one. Afterwards it'll show up random in Chaos' realm.

Ahh, alright. I have bad luck with Chaos portals showing up so it's probably been heavily backlogged.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Wafflecopper posted:

Just had a fourth area where literally the only bonus room I was offered was to visit Hades. No boons or anything else at all, just a direct path to the boss. I'm one earth boon away from activating the "take no more than 15 damage at once" infusion and you know it would have been really nice to get it here. Charon buddy you better come through for me

e: yessssss. now to die anyway

e2: got him, 3 hp left on my last DD! Build was nothing special. Staff with Poseidon and a bunch of extra damage on basic attack and the double attack hammer. The infusion absolutely carried me as I got hit a ton of times.

Piggybacking off this post to ask, is there any rhyme or reason to how many rooms act 4 lets you do? Or is it just completely random?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Magitek posted:

There's always 5 mandatory rooms that present no major reward. Most of the time you can tangent off to do optional rooms for the listed reward, but they will not progress you towards the boss.

... Yes, I know that. What I was asking is if there's anything that determines how many non-direct path rooms you get. I've had runs where it only allowed me to take one, and runs where I easily did 6 or so.