Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Finally got past the bone hydra with Varatha, using Aphrodite's Cast + Doom on Attack and a bunch of buffs to cast and attack damage (+maxed out boiling blood), after a handful of frustrating gameovers against said bone hydra...only to then breeze past the third boss and almost finish the run. Man, I love this drat game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Fat Samurai posted:

Hera? I think she's the only major one out.

Also Apollo, Hephaestus, Demeter (though given the nature of Zag's quest, she might not be implemented) and maybe Hestia.

E; beaten like Zag by a bone hydra.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Had my first victory! Exagryph with inescapable blast and the rapid fire/+ammo daedalus upgrades, doom on attack with dire misfortune (+ doom damage on multiple triggers), deflect dash, and shatter shot because its the best cast option.

That said, it took me 30-ish runs to finally get there. I'm not great at this game, no matter how much I love it.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Since my first clear, I've gone and cleared Hades with every weapon except Varatha. With the spear, I just keep dying to dear ol' dad.

Any tips for what builds work with this and/or general playing strategy? I don't have any of the Ambrosia unlockables yet fwiw.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Out of curiosity, does anybody have an idea of what exactly Alecto's rage affects, and how to stop her from 'charging' in the phases before she's perma-raged?

I've beaten her a bunch of times but can't quite seem to pinpoint why Rage matters, other than her special attack, and how to stop the charging because a regular attack doesn't seem to do it as far as I can tell. But maybe I'm not paying enough attention.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
I've had a few runs now where, upon getting a second Chaos boon, it either replaces my first one in completion or just doesn't show. You can have multiple Chaos boons, right? Am I losing my mind or did I miss a patchnote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Nastyman posted:

Tried to go Artemis attack with the new fists, ended up with Athenas deflect attack instead. Beat Asterius by standing in front of him and just muda muda. I had the plume as well plus hermes dodge meaning I almost didn't need to worry about enemy attacks at all. For Hades I really only had to dodge his big sweep attack and the 360 beam. Dash attack on my combo from hammer and all my chaos boons went into attack/dash attack. In the end I was hitting for 2k white plus a handful of arrow damage per cycle.

Need to try this with the dodge aspect and extra attack speed :flashfap:

Demeter Aspect Fists with Athena attack, Artemis special and the Athena/Artemis duo has been my two runs with fists so far. So many crits and the special annhilates enemies if you charge it up.