Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Gun Jam posted:

So, aside from Hades himself, who do you think will come back from the original game?

(Also, HYPE)

Grandma might, but for everything else I'd really rather they just use different gods this time.

I suppose if we're breaking into hell this time, you could definitely bring back the Furies as enemies or some of the house staff.

I wonder if we'll get Charon again or a different NPC for a similar role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Updog Scully posted:

I'm afraid that we've ran out of Olympians to use if we want an original cast. The only original Olympian gods missing from the first game were Apollo (confirmed for Hades 2), Hera, Hestia and Hephaestus. Asides from introducing the three H's, they can either expand beyond the Pantheon or complete the Olympian representation with all 12 gods available.

You could expand to other pantheons, but you could also just use minor non-olympian gods from Greek mythology. There's a ton of them if you include minor ones. This might be the way they're going given that we've seen Nemesis in the game. You could also easily fit Heracles in there, for example. They did real well with Zagreus and I don't think he's the first thing that came to mind if you said 'greek god protagonist' before Hades.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

JuniperCake posted:

Honestly same. They are so good at taking more obscure figures in the mythology and fleshing them out in interesting ways that I'd love to see them keep with that. And as fun a character as Heracles is, there are plenty of more obscure heroes that they could do some really interesting things with.

Heracles can easily fill in the same niche as Theseus though

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

The classic ranged mage option is a book.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I beat the main story. Does the painting you get actually show Zagreus with the weapon you used during the final run, or was it just a coincidence that I used a spear for it?

My second-to-last run had a really fun build that was very effective against non-boss enemies. I used Aspect of Talos on the Twin Fists of Malphon with Poseidon's Special, and would pull a guy in and knock them away with a single Special use. This "stun-locked" most enemies if I spammed it. I'd just grab them and punch them into traps/walls constantly.

Question - when do you use Ambrosia? I've beaten the main plot at 40-something runs, have capped a number of characters out on Nectar, and still have never gotten a single prompt to use Ambrosia.

edit: I actually just got the bow's hidden aspect, so I'm looking forward to trying that out.

The game has several sequential endings and you have reached the first one. There is more content so just keep playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

sebzilla posted:

Going to be waiting for the (eventual, probable) Switch release and trying to remain un-spoiled on things until then

So probably ought to stop reading this thread soon!

Yeah same, hoping it releases at the same time on switch/PC so I can dive right in.