Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
my ultimate Hades run, after playing it way too much during covid and then picking it back up again recently

Heat 34 atheist run

Took me about 6 tries to get it done. A bunch of the heat is basically free if you're purging all boons anyway, you don't lose much by locking off the bottom half of the mirror. Hestia rail + shattered shackle leaves you fairly overpowered through the first bit, and you only really fall behind the damage curve midway through act 3.

I thought I was going to get it on my first try, was on H35 with EM4 and entered the last fight with 3 DDs. Then the first miniboss was butterfly ball and I took a bunch of chip damage clearing it. 2nd miniboss was... double loving butterfly ball. No good way to clear out butterflies left me losing all 3 DDs to get through that phase, and I died early in phase 3.

2nd try, I was still set to reroll rewards instead of rooms, and I was forced to take a boon to get the satyr sack. Still tried to finish up the run, only 1 DD left, 1st miniboss is butterfly ball. gently caress. 2nd miniboss, again somehow, 2 loving butterfly balls. Promptly die.

Then I messed around with the heat settings to get rid of EM4 but make the rest of the run slightly tougher and had 2 runs where I was railroaded into taking one of the unpurgeable boons because now I couldn't reroll rewards. Died anyway. Lost another run to a tough Rat/Satyr miniboss fight in the tunnels.

And finally, got handed a run so perfect that I got to keep Patroclus' jerky all the way to the final fight. Suck it Olympus, I don't need your help.

also now the dash key on my controller is broken and I literally can't play anymore. I think I should wait for Hades 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

Cactus posted:

How many levels of heat would you have to have spread over all the weapons in order to get the final titan blood you need to max all the weapons?

All of em, heat 20 on everything, and then trade for some, with a small discount on that if you're pretty good at saving $ and fishing to get extras.

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

lmao I had the most ludicrious loving run ever.

Eris Rail + Cluster Bombs + Rocket Bomb + Support Fire

And at the same time, 5 bloodstones + Lightning Rod + Mirage Shot + Flurry Cast + Quick Reload

Last two bosses died in what felt like moments.

I did a run yesterday that was shockingly close to this, Eris Rail + Cluster Bomb + Rocket Bomb is just absurd. I kinda hate how you can't reroll on hammers, but I understand why since there are almost as broken combos for many of the weapons.

On the other hand, ever since I found out you can save scum the anvil in act 4, letting you get 6 chances at randoming for that perfect triple hammer setup (even if you only get to use it for the last fight), I just can't resist trying for those broken setups every drat time (the half of the time that an anvil shows up, anyway).

Victory Lap fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 5, 2024

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
You don't get extra rewards for doing a heat 10 run when you haven't finished a heat 1 run, but as soon as you've beaten a single run on heat 0 you can turn it to any heat level you want. It'll just treat your heat 10 or 20 or 32 run as if you beat a heat 1 run.

Victory Lap fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 5, 2024

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
You can cheese Eris on the nubs you can hide behind; just be careful to get out and dodge her charged shot so she doesn't destroy the cover, then stay on opposite side of it and hit between her attacks.

I had only used that trick a couple times before retiring it, though I brought it back out for my fear 32 run.