Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
gently caress yeah more Hades, let's goooo. GOTY 2025.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

TheWorldsaStage posted:

gently caress me.

I adored Hades. Every single thing about it. I couldn't finish it because how it made my hands feel. I want to play Hades 2 but I already know what's up :(

Were you playing with a controller? I think it's a lot easier on your hands. I had a friend who stopped playing Hades because it was wrecking his hands, but he was using mouse and keyboard.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Artemis is my absolute favorite of the Hades 1 pantheon and I really hope she is in Hades 2.

It is a true joy to swing a huge sword around and then scream " big crits" IRL as four digit numbers pop up over your enemy's corpses.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Zeus is the worst, even in game, but they do a good job of toning it down. They're all ultimately people whose flaws are mostly just magnified by how powerful they are.

And credit where credit is due, game Zeus was absolutely correct that his little brother is a loser who would never in a million years ask out his crush. And it's a good impulse to want to help him out.

Or course what Zeus did with that correct assessment of the facts and good impulse was the worst possible thing.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I've played a lot of gungeon and binding of Isaac, so I didn't find Hades very hard. I still used God mode to get a particularly obnoxious achievement. It's good that it's an option and it's good to use, for sure.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I rebinded reload to be on R3. That helped a lot with my comfort with guns.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

It's been a while, so maybe I am getting confused on specifics? I just remember that I had to rebind something to make the guns usable for me.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

There is a 32 heat skelly statue. It's really tough.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

You do get a slightly better perk when you give the rock the juice.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I'm pretty sure Zagreus has a voice line where he calls himself the god of blood.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Apparently Hades 2 early access is coming out quarter 2 next year.

I hope being a direct sequel means it won't need a full 2 years in early access before full release, but if it does, oh well. Bet it will still be worth it.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Early Access means an incomplete version of the game is available for sale. It can be a really useful tool for extending development time on a game. It can also be used by unscrupulous people to get away with selling something incomplete and lovely. There are good games and bad games in EA. It sucks that the game industry in general has pushed towards making it such a common practice, but that doesn't mean games like Hades or Caves of Qud are bad just because they use it.

I don't think being in your 30s has anything to do with understanding things. If you find yourself unable to process new information, please see a doctor.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I'm in my mid 30s.

I will probably avoid early access Hades 2 because the writing is the biggest draw for me. I bet the gameplay would be fun to see at different stages of development, but I think the writing will be better if I only start after everything is finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

I know the full release is probably 2 years away, but God I hope it comes out in 2025. It's going to be such a tough wait.