Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
So what's the exchange rate on Titan Blood? I accidentally used up a couple testing stuff, and now I can't just max out the base Aegis for max damage reduction RIP. Seems like the only other way to get more is after defeating the final boss, and I can't even get past Theseus at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
I've finally be able to reach and die at the final boss, and I've found 1 true trap in the early game:

Boss drops are highly limited to 1 per weapon only, and you'll be able to get a max of 5 of them only before you beat the final boss.

This is especially for Titan Hearts, since they are used to upgrade your weapons.
The only other sources are:

1. To trade in the market for a higher level item, for example:
-> 1 Titan Heart for 1 Ambrosia (the 3rd boss drop)

2. 1 Titan Heart can be bought in the final area for 1500 Gold, which is a really huge amount and possibly would gimp your whole run if you try to save for that.

If only I knew about above fact, I would probably spend all 5 of my Titan Hearts to upgrade the base Shield weapon to max (15% damage reduction).

Some of the other smaller traps:

1. Some aspects of the weapons are much more dependent on upgrades than others. For example, Chiron's Bow, gives only additional 1 arrow per upgrade, so they are not really worthwhile before you beat the final boss since you are not able to upgrade it to max.

2. Your game is only saved mid-run if you select Quit from the Esc menu (usually after you clear an encounter). If your app is force-closed due to some reasons while an encounter is not cleared, you'll get thrown all the way back to the Skelly's room.

3. Some of the renovations do have a gameplay effect even when they are marked as Decor. For example, the Fortune thingie.

Also, I've found the dashes when using Bow are very sporadic, and you'll usually dash forward instead instead of in direction of your arrow keys. This is the case even after you've disabled all the "to cursor" gameplay stuff in the Options menu, on M&K. I'll try reporting this as a bug though.

srulz fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 18, 2019

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

awesmoe posted:

once you finish the game you can get extra diamonds/blood/ambrosia/?? by doing challenge-runs. So yeah they're limited and you should use them carefully but there's no use hoarding.

I mean, I've just painstakingly fought and defeated the final boss just now only to find out that he apparently has multiple phases so yeah, getting through that "finishing the game" part is actually quite hard.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
So I've got the options between these 3 upgrades for my Rail:

1. Infinite ammo
2. Spread fire
3. Triple bomb

All 3 sounds absolutely delicious. Which one is the best?

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

Andrast posted:

I don't have a lot of experience with the rail but triple bomb is amazing

How does the "reloading" work for the bombs? Do you get the throw all 3 after a slight delay each time, or only the first time and you'll have to wait for all the bombs to reaccumulate?

Broken Cog posted:

Spread Fire carried my last Rail run hard.They're all good though.

More questions:
1. How much is the ammo used up per shot?
2. Can you just hold fire, or there'll be slight delay and need to retap?
3. How is each bullet's interaction with Artemis's Support Fire & Zeus's Lightning Bolt? Because I have both of them currently.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

Bruceski posted:

No increased delay.
shoot...wait...shoot...wait...
becomes
shootshootshoot...wait...shootshootshoot...wait...

It's an amazing upgrade only hampered by the bombs' delay in landing.

OK, I'm convinced now. The little child in me would absolutely love infinite ammo due to the neat combo with Zeus's shocks & Artemis's Support Fire to pewpewpew everything down, but I really need to minmax to get my first victory now. So bombs away -> dash dash dash -> more bombs should be much better I think.

Plus I don't think Daedalus options ever repeat, so this would highly increase the possibility of getting the 80-damage Rockets or even Inescapable Blast.

BTW, what is the best Boon to use for above Triple Bombs? I have been ignoring Special-based boons for so long now on other weapons that I'm absolutely clueless. Probably not Poseidon since knockback would knock enemies out of AOE of the 2nd/3rd bombs, and not Ares since it's flat damage aka not making full use of the huge base damage & doesn't stack.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Finally got my first win. Thanks to all who recommends Triple Bomb earlier. I've managed to get Rockets for my 2nd Hammer and pretty much melt face even with 0 +%Special damage (don't want Zeus/Dio flat damage boost) all the way to the end of the 3rd zone, where I finally get Athena's percentage boost & Chaos's boost as well. Final boss just got destroyed.

BTW, it's interesting that the "+12% Special speed" from Hermes boost the throwing speed so much. For example, without it, the Triple Bombs have a very noticeable delay between each throw (almost 1 sec), but with that boost, the delay is highly reduced to almost non-existant. I initially sold it just after zone 2, noticed the huge delay, and immediately Quit and reloaded.

Eraflure posted:

Pick up the poseidon sword/hera bow and start with the artemis trinket, enjoy your free win

Is Hera Bow really that good? Seems Poseidon Sword is just miles better since it boosts cast damage & immediately drops your ammo with just a Special, while Bow just front-loads your casts inside your shot without additional damage? So it's just 1 time, then you'll have to wait before you get to fire again.

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst

Lekon posted:

It's hard to explain how OP the Hera bow can be. Posideon aspect is a good one too, and a decently close second for a caster build. Thing is. with the bow there is no repeated casting animations. It's just all at once, and tops up on the arrow damage already. If you can get an Artemis build running, it's even more deadly as you'll have:
Double cast
Extra Ammo
A crit possible shot (Which does upwards of 200 on the cast)
Quicker crystal drop offs
Damage on crystal drop offs
Artemis laughing as she crits them.

Yeah, the bow's great, and probably my largest source of wins. It's a shame the Chiron bow isn't nearly as good. The "All special ammo hitting the same target" would be great, but each one doesn't proc spells, so it loses a lot of possible oomph.

OK, that makes perfect sense to me, and get me all excited to start a Hera run now. Plus based on the way you put it, it seems that you don't really need to upgrade the aspect that much, which suits me just fine. Just wanted to try for all weapons clear now, using below aspects:

1. Hera's Bow (loads Cast + Cast drop)
2. Nemesis's Sword (%crit after Special)
3. Zagreus's Shield (%damage reduction)

For Spear, all of the aspects seem to be very underwhelming to me. Any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srulz
Jun 23, 2013

RIP Duelyst
Hera's Bow does seem a little bit buggy like what others mentioned. Multiple times the cast only hits 1 time, while other times it does function properly. Same as the ammo. Having no boons too at the moment.

On Steam if it matters.