Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It only uses 1 ammo per shot, but I found it really hard to only fire one shot with the shotgun upgrade. Also I don't think it counts as multiple hits for arrows sadly, or at least if it did I never noticed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Mzbundifund posted:

Haephestus is also a big one, and of course Demeter is somewhat plot-relevant. Hestia also has some mentions in the Adamant Rail flavor text.

Haephestus seems a little redundant given the hammers of Daedalus are already in game, I guess he could be fire/heat themed?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Ragnar34 posted:

Excalibur is weird. You can use it like a poise build from Dark Souls, in that you tank up and then use the super armor third hit of your combo to win trades with enemies. Revenge boons are theoretically better with this approach, though I still don't see myself going out of my way to get them.

I wonder what the fourth aspect for the gun will be. I think they might have to dip into modern fiction for that one, like the plasma rifle from Doom or something. I guess they could use a weapon from one of their other Supergiant games, but they kind of already did all of them.

I mean, Arthur and Guan Yu are both basically other mythologies so it'd presumably be a gun from a non-greek Mythology, perhaps American Historical Fiction would be where they get it if they can't really use an actual mythological weapon.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Just combine the one-shot drop with the increased rewards. Which would bring it in line with stuff like Dionysus boom that heals you when you pick up nectar and immediately gives you Nectar when you pick it up.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

You have to be injured for him to show up and he first spawns in Elysium I’m pretty sure.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

TravelLog posted:

Why are Chaos fishing spots so rare? I have 60+ runs and have seen maybe 2-3 in all that time.

They give Titan Blood/Diamonds and such is why.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Instant Grat posted:

No, they give Darkness (100 / 250 / 500 depending on which fish you get). It's the fishing spots after the final boss that give out Diamonds / Ambrosia / Titan Blood.

Wait really, I apologise profusely I thought they did. Maybe that was when they were introduced and the surface spots weren't erally available yet. Edit: Yeah they used to give Diamons/Ambrosia/Titan Blood and apparently this was changed with the surface being added.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 15, 2020

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I think it's fair Chiron is busted if you put the blood into it, it's probably the only one with such a huge shift between when you get the weapon and where it ends up at max level.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Personally the only issue I’ve had with K+M was the secret aspect for the fists, because dash into special is a real weird keyboard input to have to do on the regular.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Color Printer posted:

It's first appearance is scripted after you buy the rod. After that, it's a Legendary boon. Forgot the requirements, though

Importantly, they updated it to have the Poseidon gift as a requirement, so you can start with the fishing boon if you’re lucky. Otherwise it’s the boons that increase room rewards or just straight up give extra rewards.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I feel like it would be the other way around. Those scenes have a pretty clear tone as to how Zagreus is in the bedroom.

He's definitely not the one on top if you catch my meaning.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

If you do a skull you get an improved reward for the increased difficulty of the room. I have never seen the god image glow bright red but I might have just missed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

The way it works is this, Rarity improves the base increase of the boon and the scaling increase from levels.

For example, say a common version of the boon starts at 50% damage increase, and goes up by 5% per level. The Uncommon version might start at 60% and go up by 6% per level, the rare version starts at 70% etc.

Obviously none of these numbers are the actual numbers, but I think that gets the idea across.