Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Still under 20 runs but just unlocked the gun and it feels like just spamming the bombs with an upgrade or two on them feels a lot more effective than a lot of the normal weapons. Just in terms of hitting groups of enemies from afar and potentially doing ridiculous damage. I guess the downside is that the normal gun attack feels kind of bad outside of its range. I was stuck on Theseus and Asterius for several runs but the first time I played using the gun I was able to get past them and get to Hades for the first time.
Probably obviously the weapon I was the worst at was fists (only used them once) as I was taking too much damage. Haven't tried the bow since it seemed awkward to use.
What does the status effect Hades puts on you that turns the edges of the screen green do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Well I was able to escape the first time after doing 2 more runs with the gun, on the successful one I had the cluster+rocket bomb which someone else in the thread mentioned. Although I guess the rocket is not really compatible with aspect of eris. Just cluster bomb by itself works very well with it though.
I guess after getting out once I'll just use random weapons/whatever one has the darkness bonus for a bit.
Is the sack for Cerberus always at the end of the 2nd door you go down in Styx or is it random?
I kind of forgot that Cast existed until getting the Demeter one, are any of the other ones good?

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

default cast is great if you get the mirror upgrade that gives you +50% damage when its embedded into an enemy. You're leaving a ton of damage on the floor if you're ignoring it, especially against bosses

Yeah it did occur to me now that it would be good to use like that if I actually upgraded the skill all the way

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

OhFunny posted:

Weapons in the trailer were a magic staff and dual wielded dagger&sickle.

I hope you can unlock the Aspect of Lenin to turn it into a hammer and sickle.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I like the game but feel like after a certain point as a not-amazing player it starts to feel like the whole game is just a half-hour/hour lead-up to fighting Hades and mostly everything revolves around if you walk into the fight with him with a full set of death defiances. Would be nice if Hades 2 could shake up this feeling a bit, but not really sure what and of course the trailer also looks to be framing the whole game as another lead-up to fighting the same guy over and over.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
I heard people back in the day say Hera's bow is good but what does it actually do? The description just makes it sound like the attack has a cast attached to it which sounds just kind of.. OK I guess? I don't see what makes it better than just hitting cast before you attack. Also does the seeking special from Chiron bow have similar range to the regular attack and do decent damage? People say that is good but the regular special on the bow feels so bad that it doesn't really make me want to use an aspect based on the special.
I wish there was a way to refund the titan blood you spend on weapons, I spent a ton of titan blood to unlock Talos's fists and Guan Yu's spear and hated both of them.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Maybe I am stupid but I don't really get it. I thought you could only raise the maximum Heat for a weapon by 1 for every successful escape, so as far as my knowledge there would be no way you could have 32 heat on your 10th successful escape. Does Hell Mode remove the limit and just let you choose any heat level you want? Trying to look up the answer to that but finding nothing helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Ah OK, the game UI yelling about "The heat level is too high!!!" if you notch it up by more than 1 made me think it was preventing you from entering the dungeon when it was saying that and you could only increase it by one at a time.
Also no I'm not personally trying to do that heat 32 clear, just curious how it worked since I guess I misunderstood how Heat works due to the game UI yelling at you if you bump it up by more than 1. As someone who doesn't normally play roguelike games, I'm the type who is happy just to consider a game to be done after rolling credits (which I finally did the other day after not having touched the game for a year).