Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Picked this up during the sale, it sounds really really deep. With upgrades is it a case of do enough runs to make your character op or is it still fairly balanced and upgrades make it easier but not a cakewalk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sounds good then. Neon chrome sort of did the same thing, but eventually I'd start out so weak relatovr to early enemies it was hard to get a run going, but would steamroll the end game.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This is twin stickable yeah? I was going to play last night but internet in our region went out. Was at like 90% and now have to redownload the game because steam forgot what it has downloaded:(

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I really want to play this game but steam has poo poo the bed with the download a second time and I have to restart. I think I've spent nearly 10 hours downloading it twice only to reach 90ish percent and have to start again.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This game is good and a lot of fun. I really like the bow. My friend meg seems really sad she gets beat up a lot.only made it to the end of level 2 once, and the boss kicked me real bad.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Unlocked the spear and got a few goon upgrades like a spread thing and took all the chaos upgrades I could. Made it to Elysium and smashed through, then got completely wiped by the boss. I think I did maybe half health to the minotaur. Definitely need a better strategy than vaguely trying to hide behind pillars for that one

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Beat the third boss a few times but it is a grind. Finding an opening to attack then plinking away with miserable dps makes it a real slog.

The poison stuff in level 4 is super hard to deal with, it kills so fast.

Is Poseidon any good? Most of his boons seem pretty weak to me and I've been taking pretty much any other door when they're available.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I had a run where I got pretty much all Dionysus boons and it was great. So far I'm trying to give one nectar to everyone to get their trinket thing and have leveled Dionysus, chaos and the health potion one up. The extra heals really helped me a lot.

I laughed a lot when I unlocked the last weapon.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I escaped with the spear for the first time. Got a lot of stuff that let me dash around dealing damage and attack quicker. One thing that'd be nice would be seeing on the select menu what are boons and what aren't. It'd be useful for things like meeting eurydice.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I've got 8 blood now after escaping with sword, spear and the hilarious gun. What means are there to get more? I've been hoarding it because I'm not sure where to spend and how I can get more. Same with ambrosia, though I spent my diamonds on upgrades

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ah yeah. I've been ignoring it to try and finish the rest of the weapons. What are good weapon upgrades?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How do you know if something is specifically a boon? is anything with a rarity considered a boon?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Cool, thanks for the advice. I've been super hesitant to spend the blood because I've struggled to get any. I really like the fists and spear so I might have a go with those, though I don't think I've ever used a spin attack in game.

I'd be helpful if boons were marked on the select menu as I don't think all of my upgrades are boons. When I get to eurydice for example I don't know which is my best option.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

That sounds perfect, I'll mess around with the weapons that way. I've tried the chaos shield and it's ok. I'm assuming the different blood unlocks stack then

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Was there a patch released in the past few days? I had to download an update today but don't see any patch notes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The gun is fantastic because it stacks debuffs on every bullet. I love it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I've fed sisyphus a bunch of nectar and there's a lock thing on his codex. How do I unlock that? Keep feeding him nectar?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Harold Fjord posted:

Did you give some to Bouldy?

I've run out of nectar. Need to build up some more, skelly has the lock thing as well. Thinking I might reset my mirror because it's only 1 key.

How often do you guys use your casts? I always forget I have them. Need to play more patiently as well. I can burst down a lot of enemies in a lot of ways, but ones that have a bitore survivability and especially bosses beat me up because I can't kill them before they hit me real hard.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I occasionally remember I've got them, but have been trying to focus on taking less damage and being more mobile. Especially when I have a dash attack buff I normally stand right in with enemies dashing, which works until I find enemies like Theseus/minotaur/dad where standing in the pocket and swinging is a bad idea.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I was thinking of the recharging cast thing, but the damage bonus is cool when I remember. I got a speedy cast thing and that was cool.

I think I've asked before, but how do I tell what is a boon and what isn't? Are boons only the ones that appear on the left side, while non-boons only show with the select button? I ask because eurydice's gifts don't always hit 4 things when I think they should.

Also, skelly spoiler? He's asked me to kill him. It's very sad and I don't have his 3 useless gift prophecy yet. It looks like it'll cost a lot of blood to do though.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Just did a run with the poseidon sword, picked up a bunch of artemis cast buffs and hooboy :eyepop:

Didn't get exit wounds, but I was bursting huge damage and frantically trying to collect my casts.

Did get the sword special upgrade that launches you forward for 70 damage, wasn't a fan because it made it hard to judge where I was going to land. Missed a lot and got poisoned a bunch of times in styx. Would give a pass on that one next time.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I've picked up the habit of trying to force Artemis casts every run and it's surprisingly effective. Even if it's firing them all out and running away until exit wounds procs, it does the job pretty well.

Always take deflect on dash though, I think that's my favourite boon.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Really weird glitch I came across: In asphodel I had blitz disc out and killed the last enemy, saw a fishing point nearby so jumped on it. The blitz disc came back, before I caught it it hit the bomb next to me which exploded, triggering death defiance. Zag stood up and was no longer in the fishing game, I couldn't move but could dash away. I was stuck until the fishing game expired and I got the too slow message.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Force artemis cast/exit wounds/hermes boons every run for life. Plus athena dash. I think athena is almost an auto pick when she comes up for me because that reflecting dash works on drat near everything.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The poison stuff I'm not a huge fan of, I find the pools a bit finicky at times and poison drains hard.

Athena dash to bounce that back forever.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

It's good but I worry about the time limit pact. I can get out of Elysium often around 21-22 minutes if I'm quick, but most of my runs are 31-36 minutes as I tend to go slow. Maybe pausing more would help while I try and make decisions.

Sword with Poseidon aspect and a cast build is my go to. Force artemis cast and try and grab extra special damage + exit wounds if possible.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I could see more like achilles or patroclus wanting to find the other. Achilles sneaking out another exit would give an excuse for different biomes and weapons or something.

Or maybe skelly's adventures. What's friendly guy he is. He gave me real pause when he asked me to kill him for good. I didn't want to do it :(

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I suck with the shield lol. In EA there were loads of posts loving it but I can't get the hang of it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Gun rules, shield and spear suck. I like that everyone has differing opinions on weapons, probably depending on play style

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

There definitely needs to be a way to bulk trade resources.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

You can get Athena dash with the fists? I haven't seen it in ages no matter how many rerolls I use

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I love alhrodite/demeter for chiron bow. Puts in good work for privileged status and if aphro is on the special it can insanely hard. Haven't tried it with artemis on the special, I'm assuming the crit chance is applied to each arrow in the special?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hwurmp posted:

Chill stacks so I'd put it on the special, and then shoot for Arctic Blast.

Is that the one that makes an explosion when it hits 10 stacks? I run that quite often, but I don't know if the decay boon is better.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Had a run with the fists where I got the 35 base damage, then 72, 70 and 53 percent bonus from chaos, and another 107 from aphrodite. Everything melted with privileged status from demeter dash

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I don't think I ever block with the shield. Grab the hammer that hits twice with no knockback, hopefully get some demeter to chill then stand in the pocket and swing like a maniac

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I've started running with forced overtime and tight deadline on evenfor fun runs. They're nearly negligible once you're used to the speed. Same with EM2. Free heat!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Lots of actions pause the timer. Checking boon lists, making a choice on a well, fishing, any dialogue, and everything in between killing a boss and starting the next area don’t run the timer.

That said if you’re thinking about room choices or troves or whatever yeah some people get in the habit of pausing the game to think about which can get annoying

Don't think checking boon list pauses the timer. If you're picking a boon from a god and pull it up it stops, but otherwise it keeps running.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Harrow posted:

I'm trying to finish up the "clear the game with each heat modifier on at least once" prophecy and I don't think I can handle Forced Overtime. I've gotten to the final boss three times with it on, with really strong builds, and somehow even just him going 20% faster fucks up all of my dodge timing and I just choke hard on the second phase. This is getting really disheartening.

This last time I even had all three of my Deaths Defiances ready to go and nope, he just completely chumped me. I thought I was getting good at this game but apparently not :negative:

Never turn off FO1. You get used to the speed and it's free heat for a few levels when our starting grinding heat levels.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I think because the default aspects are named it causes confusion. You can upgrade them like the unlocked ones so maybe that's it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I like the shield but I play it like the fists. Hopefully get the double attack with no knockback and then dash into enemies spamming attacks. It can hand out some ridiculous dps that way.