Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Hurrah just beat a run on my 19th attempt.

I think I got to Hades on my 6th attempt, but I was vasty underprepared.

Now I need to find a way to unlock the Titan Blood aspects, and some way of getting 2 more diamonds for Nectar Poms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Is there any way to reset your titan blood? Because I've spent my titan blood all spread out across a whole bunch of aspects. I'm like, oooh, chaos shield and zeus shield, level 1? Poseidon sword? Don't mind if I do.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
I kind of need keys to unlock the rest of my mirror but I guess I can turn in all my gemstones for keys in the meantime.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Okay I'm getting much better at this game, I can now reliably kill Elysium boss, and so long as I have a few death defiances and don't constantly gently caress up I can kill the last boss.

Last run had some great RNG with a rank 1 Poseidon Sword, with Flood shot nuking groups, Exit Wounds to gently caress up single enemies with single target, and Greatest Reflex to make dislodged bloodstones head back towards me without having to spend a dash on picking them up.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Eternal Spear is the only Infernal Arms I can't eke out a win with. Either I'm doing something wrong, or I'm nowhere near as skilled as I think I am and I am merely being carried by strong boon combos on the better weapons.

What is a good target for spear boons if I don't have any Titan Blood investment? Spear attacks tend to be on the slow side, so that kind of precludes Dio or Zeus spam. I had an earlier try with a spin attack build on the Zag spear, it was honestly okay but I just made too many mistakes on the last boss.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Oh I got the Spear W with a Vicious/Chain Skewer special spam. I think I'll fill out Zag Fists/Chaos Shield/Poseidon Sword/Eris Rail/Chiron Bow/Achilles Spear as I accumulate heat.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Got the credits on Escape number 33. It was a pretty decent run with Zag fists and Plume, with Dionysus and Rolling/Sturdy Hammers on the light attack, and the Dio/Ares duo DoT. I'm only slightly mad that I didn't get to .fight Dad at the end, he gave me a free W. When I really wanted to test that build out against the last boss, I probably would have melted him.

Also I wish I did that run on a higher heat, marked some more annoying prophecy challenges off.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
lmao I had the most ludicrious loving run ever.

Eris Rail + Cluster Bombs + Rocket Bomb + Support Fire

And at the same time, 5 bloodstones + Lightning Rod + Mirage Shot + Flurry Cast + Quick Reload

Last two bosses died in what felt like moments.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Sometimes you have builds that only come together at Styx, like when I recently only got Hunting Blades there. Had to aim those slicing shot casts manually like a chump. Luckily Cow Man likes to hang out at the edge of the arena, and that meant the dot zones would bounce off the wall and linger there on top of him, which sure made the fight easier.

And other times you get the all boons are epic Legendary on literally the last boon from Charon’s final shop. Still took it for three prophecy tho.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
I haven't even cracked 50 escape attempts I'm nowhere near that ending am I???

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
I can reliably get to [Redacted], but I’m yet to kill him.

What really fucks my runs is when [Redacted] forcibly teleports me into Asphodel, how the hell do I dodge the projectiles and explosion spam inside the golden circle? Am I meant to clear out the enemies first?

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
I am the number 1 Scylla fan.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I haven't beat them yet but unlike Hecate they have so much flavour that I'm enjoying losing to them just to hear their little quips

For me they were an absolute brick wall for a handful of runs. Then I worked out how to dodge the Drummer's massive AoE, and I also learnt that it's easy to wail on her because she's immobile and so will sit inside your casts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Whee, beat [Redacted] on my 17th night, that's probably considered a decent par. Didn't really do any farming runs. Guess it's time to try and hit the mechanics of the game, like the Aspects.