Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
A lot of stuff to like, great aesthetics and characters as usual, and as a whole the game is decent. All the Isaac inspired abilities/powerups/collection combined with a weapon system is great, they manage to homogenize a lot of stuff without making it boring and samey. Reminds me a lot of Bastion in that regard. It's a shame the defensive aspects of combat were inspired by Gungeon's boring gameplay. I'm fairly convinced at this point that iframe dodges are just inherently a bad idea in 2d games. You can see so many places they tried to do something interesting with the AI, but very little of it winds up being interesting in gameplay because you just iframe your way through everything.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Dec 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

How are you guys avoiding damage with all the visual vomit in this game? I just had a run with the Festive Fog special with the Zeus duo, and both Zeus and Artemis's autoattack projectile adds plus triple bombs on the Rail. I died because I couldn't see poo poo, in the occasional room where everything didn't just die instantly I would take a ton of damage.

Even with relatively normal stuff I have a lot of trouble.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

The more I play this game, the more it just saddens me. I love the aesthetics of it, but I don't understand how anyone can find iframing through bullet hell engaging and fun, especially when you can't see what's going on and you're really just guessing what is where. I just want another game that plays more like Isaac, with defense based on actual movement, planning, and manipulating the AI, but with the steps forward some of these other games have taken.

As bad as it was that in Isaac you could get RNG'd into no damage upgrades, that plus the expectation of doing zero damage taken full clears really put the onus on the developer to make the gameplay just exquisitely solid in the way none of its competition begins to approach.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Dias posted:

I really like this game, but it really dislikes my AMD-based PC. It shouldn't lag as much as it does on a Ryzen 5 2600 and a RX580, Elysium and the stupid Hydra are basically running at 20FPS.

Oh well. Maybe next patch it's gonna be ok?

That sounds like something is actually wrong with your system. This game is really, really easy to run. Is everything else running the way it should?