Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
this game loving rules, does petting Cerberus do anything or is it just for fun (it's very fun) also can you romance people in it. also I'm worried the game is getting too easy cause I beat Meg for the first time last night and after two runs today I got to Theseus and the bull and had them both down to 25% when they got me. it was a super overpowered run though, I had level 4 doom that stacked and my dash inflicted weak so it was like dry leaves in a fire. I feel like I was very close to the end and don't want it to be over. I'm probably gonna have to fight Cerberus at some point which sucks but gtfo my way dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

What does god mode do and how to heck does one get ambrosia?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wow the gun sucks. am I using it wrong or does it truly just suck poo poo and piss

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

What’s the secret gun mode

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Oh poo poo how do I get it

E: what’s everyone’s favorite keepsakes, I’ve found Dusa’s to be very helpful but right now I’m leveling up Skelly’s

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I only have 8 blood idk how to get more

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what’s all this “hidden” stuff how do I find it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I got shafted with the sword for some reason (chose the gauntlets, but when I went into the first encounter chamber I had the sword?) but then I got an attack speed boon, Athena’s call, and a +2 health per attack/-60% health boon so I’ve been accumulating heart containers and clowning everything in my path with hardly any effort. I just got past Cerberus and waiting for the screen to load as I type this. Oh. There’s Hades. I will porbably die now due to my hubris.

e: gently caress

e2: I honestly don’t know when I’ll make it so far again. that was a very lucky run. is Chaos worth visiting? his boons never really seem to be worth losing 20 health

indigi fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 28, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I almost never use my cast unless it gets a good rear end boon, is that a mistake? also Alecto is the most difficult boss in the game IMO she always whips my rear end, l need at least one DD to take her down

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the targeting with the gun just hosed me out of my first clear. Once the green vases showed up it refused to aim at Hades and kept trying to make me shoot the vases. absolutely worthless. I went through three DDs trying to finish him off and the loving gun wouldn’t shoot him

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ariong posted:

You can turn off autoaim in the settings if I recall correctly.

hmm. a dangerous decision, because I suck at video games and cannot aim properly without assistance….. what to do….

50 runs without a clear, I am butt. to be fair I died on purpose a few times when I first started cause I didn’t like the first few rewards I got lol.

is the skill where you reroll a chamber’s rewards worth investing in early or should I wait on that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

drat I finally got to Styx with all my DDs. I beat Theseus and Asterius only losing 30 health cause of the acorn and dash damage replenish, first time I didn’t die to them. I have a heroic Doom boon + hammer augment that does 330 damage per hit, it’s doing most of the work for me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ares is like my favorite one for Doom, I’ve taken to starting runs with the.l blood vial just so I get him early. what are the general favorite gods/boons? when will my autocorrect stop trying to change boons to boobs?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

SUCK MY DICK HADES YOU PALLID gently caress HAHA

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I spent a freaking diamond on this music stand thinking I’d be able to make Orpheus sing the Atlas song. This is a ripoff I want my diamond back

e: how does heat work? I died to Hades on 1 heat level but if I add another level it doesn’t reset the bounties? do I need to fully clear it to reset them or something?

indigi fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 31, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ooooh ok. I still have a few more 0 runs to do then

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I guess Hypno has run out of unique dialog cause now all he says is “wow guess you just died huh”

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

B33rChiller posted:

How many times have you died so far?

48, I wildly overestimated before I had access to the administrative room

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

WOW WHAT THE gently caress IS THE DEAL WITH TINY VERMIN

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Alecto is the only boss that still gives me trouble, all things being equal, no matter what sort of build I have going. I can’t time her out for poo poo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Wow I just fought Charon for the first time, wasn’t expecting that. Or for him to hit for 50 damage lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I got him down to like 35-40% health but I had no DD by the time the fight came up. I feel like if I’d had another 100hp I could have made it interesting

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

so close to affording the 12th lounge renovation. I’m trying to get that Dussy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what the heck is an Erebus gate. I just bought it but it says I can’t go in until I have 5 heat levels which is a long way off with most weapons. it just sits there taunting me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

did this bitch seriously tell me not to come back. guess what I'll do whatever tf I want

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I can't quite explain how I feel now that Tisiphone has apparently learned to say Zagreus

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

what are some good alternate mirror abilities to put darkness into? I had a look at them all when they became available but the only one I thought better than the original was making the cast on a cooldown rather than a set number of them you have to go pick up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I really like going into the admin room and making all the shades roll their eyes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

is Hermes on a different counter or something than the other gods? I’ll equip a boon keepsake in Asphodel and half the time I’ll get Hermes before the god I wanted shows up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Incoherence posted:

Hermes is more like the hammers than he is like the other gods: his first appearance is roughly the start of Asphodel in every run, and he doesn't count against the soft cap of 4 different gods. He'll even comment on your god trinket if you're using one when you see him.

Cool, thanks

is there some sort of trick to reuniting Orpheus and Eurydice, or do I just keep playing and it’ll happen?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why can't I romance Hypnos. I like the sweet sleepy boy

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

um. Skelly asked me to kill him but I don’t want to. should I

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mendrian posted:

I think Elysium is kind of a gear check zone in that enemies suddenly have way more hp and so much of the survival there is just about not being sloppy.

Asphodel is actually easier when you're new because you're not dashing everywhere like a gnat.

since I turned on heat and +60% enemy spawn, I feel like if I don't get to Elysium with Poseidon's dash + Hermes extra dashes or at LEAST +30% movement speed, I'm very likely to limp your way to the Hades fight with like 80HP and no DDs

e: the miniboss witches in Asphodel are so loving annoying if you don't have a ranged weapon, they will camp out in a corner of magma and just fire at you over and over

indigi fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 4, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Omobono posted:

That's one of the worst heat options, if not the worst, from sheer numbers attrition and how it amplifies most other heat modifiers.

oh wow, really? it seemed like the easiest to me of the options, it's the first one I went with. I haven't even started running 4 yet lol. helps keep my pockets full for Charon at least

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I wish they would do a story DLC. I'm not 100% finished but I'm already wanting more

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wow Lernie is the worst already and that sounds awful

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I can't believe Dusa friendzoned me... :(

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

free heat? now that’s paper

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I got rapid fire + 200% damage to nearby enemies + 7% crit chance using Hera’s bow and beat Hades in like 90 seconds staying closer to him than I do with melee weapons, it was insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I always assumed Lernie was a girl