Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Is there a list of the things you get for giving ambrosia (I think that's what it's called) to people? Only got one from beating the boss of the 3rd area (and then went on to beat the game that go) and it was tough enough that I'm not sure when I'll get another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

RME posted:

Nah I get what it does I meant the why she shows up thing

Yeah they showed up on my second run when I got into the second area, didn't show up on any subsequent runs though. When I got into the 3rd and 4th area on probably my 8th or 9th run, they showed up at the start of the 4th area, which felt like a pretty hard stop since I was encountering them for the first time and taking 40% more damage from them.

I assume it's so they can at least somewhat parcel out dialogue a bit, you don't get loads of 4th area dialogue before you've gotten at least some amount of 2nd and 3rd area dialogue, for example. You get the "I reached the place" stuff but are unlikely to get more.

Does feel a bit like a sledgehammer way of doing it, as opposed to a scalpel.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'm having a much easier time against (upper route boss name spoilers and stuff about the other final boss too) Eris but I can't even get close to beating Chronos Phase 2, my first blind go was my best, got a third off him before getting obliterated, everytime after that has gone way worse. Just can't seem to get any purchase in the initial 30 seconds of the fight and he shreds through all my defiances. Eris, it feels like I've just blundered into killing 3 times.

Progression stuff, it feels weird how quickly I got and bought the option to get the upgrade that makes the bar and gives you ambrosia, I had it and have had the ambrosia in my inventory for the majority of my playtime now and haven't gotten to the point I can give it to anyone, Can buy another to use in the recipe I suppose.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think the familiars upgrades are finite but either way, pretty easy to assume they will add more trials and/or ways to make treats, or change the entire system entirely, as development goes on.