Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Bloody posted:

yostop posting xd

prove it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
its the intel sandy bridge i5 2500k

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Plank Walker posted:

its the intel sandy bridge i5 2500k

actually its the 2600k

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
macbook pro late 2019 with the good kb

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
the best laptop was the 12" powerbook

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

one of the worlds two perfect laptop keyboards, matte screen, user replaceable battery, the best OS at the time, it had everything you could want.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

rotor posted:

one of the worlds two perfect laptop keyboards, matte screen, user replaceable battery, the best OS at the time, it had everything you could want.

actually it was a piece of poo poo, op

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

brutal

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Skim Milk posted:

actually it was a piece of poo poo, op

the 12" powerbook is rubber and you are glue, everything you say bounces off it and sticks to you

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

the best laptop was the 12" powerbook

yeah for freaking ants

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Some of the computers are too big, and some of them are too small. Historically this has been a major topic for yosposts

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

xbox hueg lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

President Beep posted:

yeah for freaking ants

it's bigger than the macbook air!!!! oh my gosh beep

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil
I also love my little asus eee pc seashell whatchamafuck, great little linux bb

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

2012 rmbp,

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i wanna see him every day

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

"steve has to wait" lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
My PC wins. It has an optane pci nvme and a raid 10 of platter drives. I overclocked it to 5ghz and everything is water cooled. It has 3 sound cards. I like it and it runs better than any of these other computers.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

My PC wins. It has an optane pci nvme and a raid 10 of platter drives. I overclocked it to 5ghz and everything is water cooled. It has 3 sound cards. I like it and it runs better than any of these other computers.

the most questionable part here is the sound cards

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Salt Fish posted:

source your quotes

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
its the ipad, probably the 10.5 inch pro?

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
or the 1080ti which counts as a computer on its own

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
do water cooled systems have like an aquarium pump or something? what circulates the water?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it’s whatever one killed Steve jobs, who died in 2011.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Poopernickel posted:

do water cooled systems have like an aquarium pump or something? what circulates the water?

a pump circulates the water or "coolant", op

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Lightbulb Out posted:

a pump circulates the water or "coolant", op

oh cool, so now we combine the legendary reliability of commodity electronics with that of an aquarium pump

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
the 5ghz cpu, it's nice round number

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Poopernickel posted:

oh cool, so now we combine the legendary reliability of commodity electronics with that of an aquarium pump

nobody that watercools their computer cares about reliability op

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

it’s whatever one killed Steve jobs, who died in 2011.

i think that was mangosteens op

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

rpi imo

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Poopernickel posted:

aquarium pumps at least used to be super lovely and the thing to use was small scale chemical handling pumps, like iwaki walchems

this knowledge is circa 2005 so idk how much has changed probably a lot

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dr. Despair probably cools his rig with liquid nitrogen

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i was about to say computer of the decade would be p-p-p-powerbook, but that was last decade :(

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
whoever said ipad pro was right.

whoever said 2012 mba was also right

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

posting from my right now, op. it's good

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

it's great that you can throw $50 or less at a little problem and someone already wrote a guide for that exact issue. I use a couple for airprint server and home security camera, soon to be joined by a pi-hole. and I stole a yosposters idea (blackula69??) and put one in an old telephone to make a classy looking voice recorder/audio guestbook for weddings

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Only the padfone squares the circle between a big computer and a small computer. Alas but genius isn't understood in its own time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Jenny Agutter posted:

it's great that you can throw $50 or less at a little problem and someone already wrote a guide for that exact issue. I use a couple for airprint server and home security camera, soon to be joined by a pi-hole

this is a good idea except that it's not

I would literally rather do anything else in my free time other than janitor a bunch of bespoke servers at home