Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

it's great that you can throw $50 or less at a little problem and someone already wrote a guide for that exact issue. I use a couple for airprint server and home security camera, soon to be joined by a pi-hole. and I stole a yosposters idea (blackula69??) and put one in an old telephone to make a classy looking voice recorder/audio guestbook for weddings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Poopernickel posted:

this is a good idea except that it's not

I would literally rather do anything else in my free time other than janitor a bunch of bespoke servers at home

you are posting in yospos, the forum for people who gently caress and cum inside their computers

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

rotor posted:

i think this is a very shallow read on the nature of yospos

true I forgot the thread of freaks who get emotionally attached to cats they see pictures of on the internet

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I made a pi-hole it took a couple hours including soldering headers on so it can have a tiny oled stats display. raspberry pi good