Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

it’s my iPhone 6, which bent with normal use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

graph posted:

how that frame around the screen didnt just explode was an engineering marvel

do we know it didnt

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

I'd like to nominate the microsoft surface family of products in its entirety

6 product lines [RT, intel tablet, pro, book, studio, laptop] 20+ models and each of them fatally flawed in its own unique way

7, you forgot the big rear end table

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

*marketing department weeping* you cant just say everything is the same product line!

*ceo points at photo frame* surface

The Sponge
Sep 15, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I got a free dev-sample https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WeTab in 2010 running meego

the factory image was broken out of the box and significant functionality was glitchy (such as the home menu)

it ran at a nice 100F under idle load since meego ran linux and thus had lovely power mgmt

since it was a tablet, it supported auto-rotate, which was buggy. since it had a tn panel, rotating it made the screen unusable

the tablet had as many as six hours of battery life and "about two" hours of usage, in the sense that "about two" technically means "one"

they made a big deal of running flash, which was cool to do in 2010

between receiving it, hating it, and powering it on again within a year, their update servers were taken down

and yes, this was a paid product they tried to sell to customers.

The Sponge
Sep 15, 2006
Grimey Drawer
someone's going to post google glass in here but those were devkits basically, and i think they should be exempted from "worst computer".

while not in the running, they are extremely mockable

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Certainly a contender for worst tech of the decade tho

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
2016 MBP. The 2 port usb-c. I hate it so much. I have like 20 dongles on my desk in a loving pile.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Salt Fish posted:

2016 MBP. The 2 port usb-c. I hate it so much. I have like 20 dongles on my desk in a loving pile.

the macbook was loving worse lol

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Salt Fish posted:

i just sold mine lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Salt Fish posted:

i got a couple teeny usb to usbc adapters which help kinda but gently caress the stock dongle

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

i got a couple teeny usb to usbc adapters which help kinda but gently caress the stock dongle

i have a weird mix of micro b/lightning/usb a to c adapters just to make my pile of charging cables slightly smaller and i dont even own a usb c mac thats just for the misc devices converting over but coming with a mishmash of cables

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Agile Vector posted:

i have a weird mix of micro b/lightning/usb a to c adapters just to make my pile of charging cables slightly smaller and i dont even own a usb c mac thats just for the misc devices converting over but coming with a mishmash of cables

1999: "drat, i can't wait for 20 years from now when everything just has a Universal Port"
2019:

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
the surface rules because it causes microsoft execs have a seizure and poo poo their pants every time they’re called ipads during an nfl broadcast.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

worst computer of the decade huh. lotta competition there. I’m gonna go with the fully automated manslaughter processor in teslas

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

The Sponge posted:

Free Meego tablet

You forgot the bit about where the tablet slooowly sucked up power even when it was off, even when it was unplugged, until the battery refused to charge anymore

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Laslow posted:

the surface rules because it causes microsoft execs have a seizure and poo poo their pants every time they’re called ipads during an nfl broadcast.

also one million gifs of qbs / coaches throwing them into the turf after a bad play

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

I already made this thread >:(

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
t:clint:
 :yosbutt:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Nomnom Cookie posted:

worst computer of the decade huh. lotta competition there. I’m gonna go with the fully automated manslaughter processor in teslas

that mostly kills tesla drivers tho so it’s impossible to say if it’s bad or not

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Soricidus posted:

that mostly kills tesla drivers tho so it’s impossible to say if it’s bad or not

I see where you’re going with this and I have to disagree. sometimes innocents are killed which makes Tesla’s strictly worse than computer that don’t kill innocents

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

maniacdevnull posted:

also one million gifs of qbs / coaches throwing them into the turf after a bad play
except when jameis winston does it, it lands safely in the hands of a player of the opposing defense.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Laslow posted:

except when jameis winston does it, it lands safely in the hands of a player of the opposing defense.

if surfaces were crab legs he’d have no trouble at all holding onto them

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

SRQ posted:

I already made this thread >:(

two days too late, sadly :(

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

I nominate this piece of poo poo known as the iPad Air. It is showing why. Battery bullshit that won't even turn on in spite of being tethered to power which nearly every other loving thing in the universe does. But not the Air. And being Apple you can't even put cool poo poo on it like emulators or Open Xcom without tons of effort if you don't want to risk bricking the overpriced bastard. This Samsung Android tablet taking the picture loving destroys it outside of Google constantly demanding to update everything every other day. Luckily it's so fast I never really notice it. My mobile Android thingie I do but maybe that's because work wifi is bad or whatever.

(Edit: sometimes the AIR will randomly decide to turn itself on when plugged in showing 100% charge meaning its loving designed badly in Apple's normal fucky ways and does not even have the cheery good OS of Tiger or System 6.)

Sadly my dumb rear end put said nice working tablet on something that wasn't stable and it flipped glass side down and has a couple of hairline cracks I can see faintly at certain angles upsetting my dumb rear end in spite of not affecting poo poo. Yet that loving Air has nearly perfect glass that taunts me. :doom:

New Year's Edit: the above post is from a Mr. B. Dese.

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 1, 2020

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I bought my iPad Air in 2013 or something and I have used it every day since.

it is the best needs-suiting computer I’ve ever purchased.

however it is now starting to run a little slow, after six or so years of constant faithful service. I will give it a dignified death. it will go in the nice part of the swamp.

Posted from my iPad Air.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Captain Rufus posted:

I nominate this piece of poo poo known as the iPad Air. It is showing why. Battery bullshit that won't even turn on in spite of being tethered to power which nearly every other loving thing in the universe does. But not the Air. And being Apple you can't even put cool poo poo on it like emulators or Open Xcom without tons of effort if you don't want to risk bricking the overpriced bastard. This Samsung Android tablet taking the picture loving destroys it outside of Google constantly demanding to update everything every other day. Luckily it's so fast I never really notice it. My mobile Android thingie I do but maybe that's because work wifi is bad or whatever.

(Edit: sometimes the AIR will randomly decide to turn itself on when plugged in showing 100% charge meaning its loving designed badly in Apple's normal fucky ways and does not even have the cheery good OS of Tiger or System 6.)

Sadly my dumb rear end put said nice working tablet on something that wasn't stable and it flipped glass side down and has a couple of hairline cracks I can see faintly at certain angles upsetting my dumb rear end in spite of not affecting poo poo. Yet that loving Air has nearly perfect glass that taunts me. :doom:

cite your quotes

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

if surfaces were crab legs he’d have no trouble at all holding onto them

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

cite your quotes

it needed a reference to an obscure 10-bit video encoding format used exclusively for animation to be more believable, imo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Endless Mike posted:

cite your quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I have a Surface RT device sitting in my office at work. I guess that is cursed enough