Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

been playing this for a few days with friends, it's very nice so far (B2). Great atmosphere and a unique approach on stealth action coop.

whats recommended for many enemies very close to each other, where you almost can't time proper simultanious melee hitting? I've read somewhere to flashlight them but I haven't tried it yet, sounds risky.

also on the topic of melee do the spiked heads (ranged sleepers) take more damage? I have the feel they won't will die instantly if not hit with half charged blow at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Thanks! I'll try the flashlight approach next.

I always full charge too just to be safe. Although it happens every now and then that I just rip half their torso apart but not their head. I hope that weapon feedback becomes better over time to be more precise, both ranged and melee.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

I hope they manage to make hitting the heads more reliable. Always try to charge melee at least half for more reliable kills.

It's still a bit wonky. I once destroyed the entire upper body but the thing still stood up and caused alarm, started shooting from the pelvis

Roadmap got updated a bit:

Rundown #002

Overview

New challenges! Variation in terms of objectives and expedition environment
Bug fixes and tweaks based on feedback

Main Features

New Expeditions: Planning
New Expeditions: Implementing warden objective logic
New Expeditions: Level design and testing iterations
New Subcomplex: "Dig Site"
Support for rundown specific gear
New Gear: To be revealed
New Consumable(s): To be revealed
New Enemy variations: Will not be revealed :)
Improved weapon sounds
Bug fixing
Final testing

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Sokani posted:

One problem my group had with the game is that stealth felt inconsistent. Every now and then one of the chaff enemies just wouldn't die to a fully charged melee whack, causing an alert. Got any tips for clearing rooms without aggro?

Sync smaller ones with the flashlight and avoid clusters of 4+ if you can.

If you can't and have to fight, make a resource preserving plan how to deal with the attack.

Dunno the current rundown, but it's also an option to avoid room clearing if you're not coming back to the room or start a fight next to it. The wonky hits are still a thing so every so often you will trigger alerts unintentional.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

how is 1.0?

haven't played in a year or so... did they fix the above mentioned silly "pro" gaming?