Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

I can't help thinking the longest wait between episodes was 1996 - 2005...

E: Ehh, I must have missed the 'since 2005'bit somehow on the first read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Late to the watching of this week's episode, and while I didn't hate it... They should figure out a glove Chibnall can wear which lights up green when a script rewrite hits a decent level of quality.

I mean, just to pick the part everyone rolled their eyes at most - the ending. Imagine if they'd had the Doctor wait till the TARDIS got back to Sheffield to give her speech about how the future can be changed and it's not too late to do something about it right now, while they walk through a crowded city center.

They could have called the episode "The End of the World", or something.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

And I seem to recall that BF did some Faction Paradox audios? So maybe he eventually got over any resentments he might have had.

It wasn't Big Finish, it was BBV, a similar company which somehow - because of the complex nature of who holds the rights to what in Doctor Who - did a bunch of Big Finish-like Faction Paradox stories, which could mention and include the Sontarans, but couldn't actually use concepts like the Time Lords or Gallifrey. Instead you got talk of the Homeworld and the Great Families, and their Timeships.

Later on, the series continued, but for some reason jumped from BBV to Magic Bullet Productions, who also did a bunch of FP stories, this time with Sutekh and the Osirans featured. Not sure what happened to BBV, whether they lost the rights or merged or went bust or what.

Both series, which are in the same continuity, are fairly good and well worth a listen.

Among other things, Magic Bullet also do the Kaldor City stuff, heavily based on Chris Boucher's work on Robots of Death AND Blake's 7.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Hasn’t that been folded into BF of sorts? Like, Liv Chenka is from Kaldor City if memory serves?

As far as I know, they're still around. They certainly have a website still, and they post fairly regularly on their blog and Facebook. I don't know if they've actually recorded anything new as of late, but they're certainly still selling their existing stuff.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

That's right, I knew there were some FP audios, I just misremembered who published 'em. And I am also reminded that Boucher wrote a Fourth Doctor PDA (Corpse Marker, I believe) that was basically a sequel to Robots of Death, and that also technically established that the universe of RoD existed in the same universe as Blakes 7 (IIRC he used a minor character from a B7 episode, and established them as ending up on the homeworld of the Sandminer crew, on the run from the Federation).

If I remember rightly, Nation was wanting to have the Daleks as the aliens that were attacking the Federation at the start of Series 3 of Blake's 7, but the BBC balked at it for whatever reason.