Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jerusalem posted:

End of Time Part 2 is a gigantic improvement over Part 1, which has incredible "this is my first draft but oh God I'm so tired and everybody's expecting me to deliver it" energy.

Well he had a whole extra day to write it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Senor Tron posted:

Going all the way back to series 1 of the revival, it's interesting with modern knowledge to look at their scorn that no-one can "own the internet".

Also that episode is set 8 years in the past :stare:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

They could be just lying about B. Arrowman not coming back.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Something Neil Toynay, Leon Ny Taiy, and James Stoker would approve of.

I hadn't seen James Stoker before and I love it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Roth posted:

I fell off halfway through Matt Smith's final season, is it worth picking up from where I left off or should I just skip to a generally agreed to be good point?

Did you see the 50th anniversary special?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Jeffe posted:

Grasping at a straw, but so much theorizing about Gallifreyans being evolved humans - it was strange that The Master said "heart" in the singular during his reveal. Maybe he's had a regeneration that made him more human biologically and it prompted him to investigate why.

He said "hearts" in part 2 though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Moffat made a lot of missteps but I was very happy with the idea that the Time Lords were still alive out there somewhere but the Doctor wanted nothing to do with them, and while I'm sure there are all kinds of stories that could be told with or about them, I'd much rather they just.... left them alone for a long time.

That was my biggest problem with Hell Bent. The 50th anniversary and the Time of the Doctor set up the search for Gallifrey as a driving motivation for the Doctor. Nothing really happens on-screen and by his first meeting with Missy he hasn't found it. She claims she has but misleads him.

Then in Hell Bent we're back to a classic depiction of Gallifrey, skipping any of the developments in between.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm sorry that scary melty Ace cover looks like bukkake, but you can hardly blame any of the writers for that, eh?

Yeah from memory it's a pretty good book and nothing skeevy happens to Ace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

2house2fly posted:

Eaters Of Light was a sad one, because it was written by the same person who wrote the last story of the old series, and I don't think it actually beat that story's ratings

It's also a pretty good episode and deserved a better response.