Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

Genuinely thought it was going to be an Omega reveal. The aliens kind of those things from The Three Doctorsish, invading from another universe, and "O". Happy to be wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

One of the most impressive things with the Chibnall reign is the utter lack of spoilers leaking out. I don't seem to remember Sacha Dhawan being announced, let alone hints as to who he was playing.

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

The economics of BF and how they operate are a dark science I would love to know more about.

Outgoings:
- Studio running costs (rates, utilities, mortgage/rent)
- Regular staff (sound engineers ain’t cheap? Plus everyone from Nick Briggs to the receptionist)
- Creatives (writers/producers/graphic artists)
- Actors (big names £££££ and day players £££)
- The Lunches
- CD pressing

Incomings
- £15 per CD, £11 per download but also they’re doing sales all the time?

:psyduck:

Well, if you can read between the lines of these accounts better than I can.

From what I can tell they ain't doing badly?

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

I did actually look at the Companies House stuff, and it looks like BF are a bunch of different companies duct-taped together, all under Haigh-Ellery as director. If I was more inclined, I’d pore over it.

Wow, I was clearly too lazy to scan down the google results. That's an interesting structure, and I really didn't expect that to be the case. Couldn't see a Big Finish Lunches sadly, I'd happily order some delivery from them.

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

By the end I thought the baby had been sent through the Boundary, or whatever the big swirly energy thing was called, previously.

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

I've had a night's sleep, but is there anything other than the Master's word saying that the Doctor is the Timeless Child?

Also didn't see anything that suggested looms weren't still on the table :q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry the Sprout
Jan 12, 2001

SiKboy posted:

That was one of the good bits of the episode. As he was laying out his grand plan I was thinking "So the new status quo for the cybermen is going to be... Robots? Thats really dull. Not a fan of that at all" then the master basically articulated my thoughts and I laughed out loud. I still think his death was a little too abrupt for a multi-episode antagonist though.

Don't worry, Big Finish has you covered with a Box Set backstory.