Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Astroman posted:

I just started watching and maaaan I did NOT like who Matt Smith regenerated into!

Peter Capaldi was great you scrub :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

- I might have liked another instance of the Doctor picking up on that something was up with O before he reveals all his cards.

On that point, was there something establishing that O was supposed to be a great sprinter or something that I missed prior to the reveal? That moment felt like the Doctor pulling some random factoid out of the ether and everyone treating it as fact, which works for technobabble but less so for individual character history.

I don't mind the idea of the Master being under everyone's nose the whole time, and I do like Sacha Dhawan as an actor and am excited to see what he'll do with the character, but it feels like the writers weren't really playing fair with the reveal here. It just felt clumsily executed, and more like a twist for the sake of having a twist than an earned story beat.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Ishamael posted:

Interestingly, Tooth and Claw was the first episode of the show I ever saw and the one that got me hooked on it. I loved that it was a scifi show where the people seemed to be having fun instead of brooding, and the whole tone felt very Buffy (which was a show I enjoyed). So I will never speak badly of Tooth and Claw, that was my entrance into the show.

Funnily enough, while I first got into the show through the Eccleston years, I was turned off of it for a time because I ended up missing a bit and trying to binge-watch to catch up. But watching "The Christmas Invasion" and "New Earth" back-to-back was a one-two punch of awfulness, and the beginning bits of "Tooth and Claw" finally killed my desire to watch anything else. I figured the lead actor switch had well and truly killed the series (ha!), and so I was out of it for a good year or two. It was only "Blink" and the ending stretch of season 3 that brought me back in, but it wasn't until Tennant left that I really re-committed and went back to the original series, which really cemented my fandom.

So I'll always have a special place for "Tooth and Claw" too... as the episode that was nearly the death-knell of the show for me.