Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravastars
Sep 9, 2011

Well that was... good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravastars
Sep 9, 2011

Cleretic posted:

It doesn't have any really embarassing performances or ideas, like Fear Her or Love and Monsters.

Benni! Benni!! Oh, Benni! Where's my Benni?

Yeah, I would definitely rate this among the worst of Doctor Who.

Gravastars
Sep 9, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Is she really down there with Chloe Webber, though? I mean, be honest, really?

Really absolutely she is.

Gravastars
Sep 9, 2011

I pretty much liked all of it, including the goofy Racnoss scorpions.

The Doctor's stance on killing is still a bit strange though. Cold blooded murder is okay as long as it's not with a gun?

Gravastars
Sep 9, 2011

I loved seeing a bit of the Doctor's furious arrogance coming through in those final moments. It was one of my favourite aspects of Capaldi's whole 'difficult decisions' shtick.

Also, some genuinely tense and creepy moments here as well (baby being replaced by bones, Cyberman feigning human emotions before turning on Mary Shelley).

Basically, more of this whole episode please.

Gravastars
Sep 9, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

You may just get your wish:

Get in!!

It's also very telling that Chibnall's hands weren't all over this episode because it was well-paced and the resolution didn't feel rushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravastars
Sep 9, 2011

The way I see it, Doctor Who is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.