Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I really liked this episode! I felt like the pastiche was pitch-perfect, and the reveal was excellent. I did have one detail I thought was interesting - wasn't the hand-wave thing mostly Simm? I'm going to assume from his adoption of that mannerism that this incarnation comes between Simm & Missy until we see otherwise.

And I'm fairly certain that the glowy aliens are, in classic tradition, going to turn on the Master & he's going to have to team up with the Doctor to save himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I kind of think it'd be hilarious for Dhawan's Master maybe deciding to piggyback of his past-self-as-Mister Saxon's paradox machine in 2007 to try and change stuff, only to get stopped by the Doctor springing Missy from her cell in the same time period help stop him. Although perhaps rather convoluted.

But they've not got a free excuse for him to show up in historical episodes set between 1943 and the present.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo Ed Hime wrote It Takes You Away :psyduck:

That was the best episode last season and he followed it up with THIS!?! :psypop:

Talk about a sophomore slump.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I think I speak for all of us when I say :tviv:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The_Doctor posted:

Look at this gorgeous shot. My new phone lock screen.

Huh, is that the Adventures In Space and Time console? Might be more evidence for a divergence from Hartnell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I really didn't like the random old guy kramering in to sacrifice himself in the Doctor's place. I kind of figured that The Doctor would somehow pour the Matrix into the Cybermasters' minds, blowing out their emotional control and basically immediately reconverting them back into Time Lords (granted in cyber-bodies, but they had the capacity to regenerate so they could be de-converted), and also revealing the truth of the Time Lords so they couldn't deny it any more. Heck, the Master had both the Matrix and the Cyberium as part of him at the same time.

I mean, I did feel it was a bit fanwanky, but the actual reveal didn't seem much of a leap from the Cartmel Masterplan.