Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I enjoy "Doctor Who"

how dare you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

can't wait for this year's christmas special!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There was a lot of wildly guessing the exposition out loud in that.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

If you liked it then you liked it, you don't have to dislike something if everybody else did! Remember the first rule of Doctor Who fandom: We can't agree on anything!

that's the SECOND rule

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Well I think it's horrible.

I don't think the message the Doctor gives should overwrite what others have written about how time travel works... It was such a shoe horned message that absolutely failed to carry any weight for the audience watching. It was heavy handed without any emotional stakes attached. She was just talking at us and at the same time breaking the convention of time travel within the show.

As a joke I now want to see an entire episode and then the Doctor looks a the screen at the end and says "It was about abortion".

congratulations on managing to forget kill the moon

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm aware, I live there. Nevertheless, that's what Kill the Moon was about.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

When Rose was stuck and trying to figure out what the Doctor would do, she walked up to the biggest alien she could find and started bullshitting it to its face. When these three were doing the same, the plot conveniently showed up so they could run from it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Jodie has confirmed she’s in another season after this one.

big of her to assume there'll still be a BBC in 2023

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Every time I listen to ...Ish I pick up on some new wordplay I never quite took in before. I can't praise that script enough, it's brilliant, and one of those stories that you really couldn't do in any other format.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Steven Moffat reaches behind his back and pulls out a box. The crowd groan. They've seen this trick a dozen times already. They were hoping for a new one.

"What's in the box?" asks Steven. There's no response from the audience, so he asks again, louder. "Don't know," say the audience limply.

Steven starts shaking the box back and forth rhythmically. "What's in the box?" he asks, over and over. Just like every time he's done this trick. "What's in the box? What's in the box?" he chants, gesturing to the audience to join in. A few people who only just arrived start getting into it, and the rest of the audience reluctantly go along with it.

"What's in the box? What's in the box? What's in the box?" the chant continues. It's got some momentum to it now. Reaching what you could just about call a peak of excitement.

Steven reaches for the edge of the lid. The audience watch carefully with anticipation. Surely it has to be something new this time. He starts to lift it. The audience's attention is his. He... throws the box onto the floor and stamps on it!

"Who gives a poo poo about what's in the box!" declares Steven triumphantly. "You're all idiots! I got you! It never mattered at all! I'm so loving clever!"

A few fans stand up and applaud, but an undercurrent of discontent ripples through the room. In a dark corner, someone produces an egg.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There were 540 minutes of television that season, not counting Steven Moffat Is Not Richard Donner: The Show and the second good River Song episode.

e: There was just as much Zygons Being Racism Legitimate Concerns About Immigration that season as there was Rachel Talalay

Dabir fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 25, 2020

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

then why the poo poo with the mystery box?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Actually, there's a third one between the two. Middle Eight.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I haven't watched any of this season past Spyfall and that's been sounding increasingly like the right move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They were important because of an accident of birth or a special destiny, whereas the Doctor was special because of all the stuff he's done. Different kinds of insufferable.