Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yuck, that was a terrible scene. He ate the way my ex girlfriends father did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Patrick Troughton was a gift to this world.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CommonShore posted:

OH NO THE THREAD HAS BEEN DESTROYED :supaburn:

What's this a new thread? Kidneys. Still a ginger.

the moment has been prepared for

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I still can’t believe the revival’s 15th anniversary is this year.

We got old.

I still remember how excited I was when I watched Rose and how heartbroken I was when Nine regenerated.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well I scrolled down this thread and ruined the reveal for myself so that sucks. Didn't really care for the episode sadly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Watched it again, Sacha is loving amazing. Dude has so much energy and I love it. I may have been lukewarm on the episode overall but Thirteen still rules and Graham is still the best companion since Donna.

Watching the new Master reveal made me remember my dream casting for a future Master, I want a previous Doctor to take the role. The Master takes his old face as the ultimate gently caress YOU to his eternal enemy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ryan and Graham's dynamic is great but needs to be fleshed out more. Yaz is kind of just occupying space right now so they need to do something with her asap.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Of course Capaldo knew. He's actually the Doctor. Why wouldn't he know?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

- I really don’t like the idea of scrapping UNIT completely. The Doctor doesn’t always have to run straight to them in every crisis, but it never hurt to have them just pottering away in the background, unaware of this or that incursion.

I was kind of tired of Kate Stewart and I've been over Osgood since she debuted so it's no big loss in my eyes. Bring back classic UNIT, shoot first, ask questions later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thrawn527 posted:

One thing though, why does he think this means the Doctor will finally die? Even if she was still on the plane when it crashes, wouldn't she just regenerate?

The last time the Doctor was on a vessel that crashed he was hurt so badly he needed a magic potion to jumpstart the regeneration.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I ain't readin' no books.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I’d imagine decapitation would prevent regeneration?

Or we get a Doctor with a tiny head and one with a tiny body.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I hope Graham goes the distance with 13 so he can see her regenerate, I think it'd great to have him see that she wasn't fooling with them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Adv In Time and Space for me but didn't realize he was also Davos in Iron Fist and nobody wants to remember that poo poo anyways.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

How is Dracula? More like Sherlock season 1 or more like Sherlock season 4?

Search your feelings, you already know the answer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Master has been permanently killed like, 11 times already.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I’m fully in favour of Chibnall bringing back the Cartmel Masterplan.

LOOMS

:getout:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I didnt really dig that so much. It kind of saddens me that the show isn't speaking to me anymore.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Most of the poo poo I have seen is bitching about his race. The fandom does suck.

I hope when Jodi leaves they cast a black woman, I want to see the poo poo fans all kill themselves.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Social media gets leagues better when you just unfollow any official tv show/movie pages/accounts and totally divorce yourself from the toxic shitheads that thrive in those comments.

Just follow cool fans and the actors.

That doesn't insulate you, the amount of lovely things I have seen on celebs instagram posts is really disturbing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think they can very easily say that when Missy died she was indeed good. But when the Master was resurrected his many lifetimes of being an evil dick overpowered the goodness Missy was trying to embrace.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HD DAD posted:

The Master literally dying and then coming back later with no explanation is one of Doctor Who’s better running gags.

I'm pretty sure Delgado and Three had this conversation 7 or 8 times.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

marktheando posted:

It's also possible that learning the dark secret of the time lords made the Master turn heel again.

The dark secret is that they eat their toast butter side down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Master did nothing wrong.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Barrowman has said he'll come back any time, they just haven't called him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's an educational program!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Azhais posted:

The only official ones come from Dakara

Indeed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, the part in Husbands of River Song where she goes the eff off in front of the Doctor before she knows it's him is really kind of sad. But very sweet when she figures it outs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vinylshadow posted:

"My entire understanding of physical space has been transformed! Three-dimensional Euclidean geometry has been torn up, thrown into the air, and snogged to death! My grasp of the universal constants of physical reality has been changed... forever. Sorry... I've always wanted to see that done properly."

The fact he literally looks at the camera cracks me up every time - I never get tired of seeing the actors walk that line between character and themselves

Oh that scene is good too but I'm talking about when she goes off about how loving the Doctor is like loving the stars. It's my favorite River moment. And many will recall I was not a big fan of her.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I always tear up at the moment she realises and he gets to pull the ‘Hello sweetie’. :kimchi:

It's so good. I'm just youtubing clips looking for bright and happy moments since I'm having a sad day. I also watched a Nine compilation and man, the gravity and presence he brought to the role still makes me want more.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Garos Studio does good stuff.

My favorite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKV_-2IjTmg&list=PLVGpJFFiIfZcm5O5Ct0hSdCz16iI3z3zO&index=35

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well at least Laura Fraser is getting work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ben Soosneb posted:

Tesla not played by Bowie . 0/10

He dead

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

marktheando posted:

A good episode. No classic, but good and a big improvement from last week's mess.

Not everything can be Vengeance on Varos

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I tried, this episode was boring 10 minutes in. I'll have to give it a shot later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tennant wore eyeliner.

during Casanova but he dressed like a Doctor so it totally counts

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't even know what the gently caress is going on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I swear to god if this is LOOMS I will burn this thread down.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hmm, an Alt Master would help people angry about Missy's redemption being tossed. NuDoc's TARDIS really made Thirteen's stand out as even worse though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

The console room still looks very uncomfortable. When they’re sitting on those stairs, it almost feels painful.

I hate everything about it. Jodie deserves so much better. Doctor Ruth's may have just been a reused set and some lights but it outshines Thirteen's in every way.