Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I just watched Fugitive of the Judoon and really enjoyed it. They're setting up something interesting this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Just finished watching the last two episodes and I'm a little disappointed. I was quite interested in the idea that a lot of what the Dr. thought about the time lords was a lie but it feels like they flubbed the landing. I know they could easily do away with it all by saying something like it wasn't the real Gallifrey or Matrix and the Master set it all up to mess with the Dr. because that's what the Master does but I'm still very "eh" over it all. Still maybe next time will be different.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

it became pretty clear that RTD was increasingly more worried about delivering "moments" instead of stories with a cohesive narrative.

I've been trying to think why I liked pre-2005 Dr Who more than 2005- Dr Who and I think that's the reason, the story had more space to breath it wasn't contained within 40 mins. I know we'll never go back to stories being told over 4 to 6 25 minute episodes and that's a shame.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

Gallifrey and the Time Lords are getting ti the point where they're like Kryptonians in comic books.

Next thing you know there's gonna be a secret picket of Time Lords in time universe who also ran away and just wanted to be left alone or something.

Or maybe a pocket of them left as a contingency with their memories blocked in case they were wiped out and needed to be reactivated to revive Gallifrey.

Or hell, maybe the Daleks decided to keep a small colony to use for experimentation are figuring out anti- Time Lord counter measures.

I suppose, much like comics, after 50 odd years of stories the Time Lords are going to have changed greatly and in ways that don't make a lot of sense. I don't mind some of it, I really liked the idea of the Celestial Intervention Agency because it's such a Time Lord thing to suggest they have to police all of time. But some of it makes me think "what the hell is that!?"

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I've listened to a lot but not all of the Big Finish stuff but I've never read any of the novels. I really should get round to reading some of them.