Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

dsriggs posted:

I will say that it's a little disappointing that the brand new company that was supposed to avoid over-wacky characters, long-reigning heel champions, 15 minute promo segments & CORPORATE DRAMA~! has given us all of them in their first year.

i don’t think they were “supposed” to do any of those things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

WatermelonGun posted:

i don’t think they were “supposed” to do any of those things

They were supposed to provide an alternative to all the poo poo WWE does that has driven people off over the years. They got the "don't script promos" & "don't overproduce announcers" right, the rest though...

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
like show me where they said they won’t have wacky wrestlers while signing joey janela day one

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wait I thought this thread was ironic

People actually believe AEW is bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This thread was to get rid of the joke in the main aew thread of someone saying aew dead over and over but yeah I guess

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let the poo poo rain wash over me randy

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

This thread was to get rid of the joke in the main aew thread of someone saying aew dead over and over

Thank you for your service

It makes the thread unreadable at times, much like my posting

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

AEW isn't dead, it just smells funny.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm not quite sure what's wrong with having a heel champion with a long reign.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i can't get aew dead out of my aew head! I'm sorry about your dead christmas promotion! NXT loving sucks!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm sorry for your loss Cavauro

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cavauro posted:

i can't get aew dead out of my aew head! I'm sorry about your dead christmas promotion! NXT loving sucks!

Mods change his name to AEWStomper58, and banish him to FYAD.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This whole loving exchange lmao

https://twitter.com/ChefTimDix/status/1208182442097545217

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I love that 231 lb John Moxley can be booked as a monster tweener who can no-sell flying cross bodies convincingly.
Oh wait, this is the 'AEW is dead thread'
THE RATINGS ARE TRENDING DOWNWARD, THEY'RE NOT SELLING OUT EVERY ARENA THEY GO TO! WOE IS AEW!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm just gonna dump every anti-aew here, since this the thread for it.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Honestly with all the anti AEW sentiment going around lately I haven’t ruled out Russian trolls being behind this

They know that wrestling is one of America's greatest pastimes, and they know if they start a war between WWE and AEW fans that we'll all be too distracted next election cycle

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Dec 21, 2019

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

These people deserve WWE and WWE deserves these people

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
aew needs more belts like eight

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

WatermelonGun posted:

All held by Orange Cassidy

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WatermelonGun posted:

I don't know that they'll ever top the design of the current belt Jericho is carrying - that thing is a work of art

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Lamuella posted:

All held by Orange Cassidy

now we’re thinking with orange juice

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Has Orange Cassidy ever held a belt in any promotion with the current version of his gimmick because now I just need to know how he'd transport his belt around

I don't feel like he'd put in the effort to wear it around his waist but instead kinda drag it on the ground behind him as he slowly walked toward the ring

Even on his shoulder seems like too much effort

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

He could put one end of the strap in his jeans.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

extradite THIS! posted:

He could put one end of the strap in his jeans.

I think you've solved it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Has Orange Cassidy ever held a belt in any promotion with the current version of his gimmick because now I just need to know how he'd transport his belt around

He was IWTV champion. He transported his belt in a JanSport rucksack. It was loving amazing.

EDIT: this is him bringing it to the ring & defending it against Joey Janela https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2H7Dju_CR4

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 21, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The IWTV championship is legit, no bullshit. Most of the championship runs are available on IWTV's site so you can check it.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

RIP AEW. Proud to announce AEW has re-signed with TNT for a multi -year deal.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

super macho dude posted:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lamuella posted:

He was IWTV champion. He transported his belt in a JanSport rucksack. It was loving amazing.

EDIT: this is him bringing it to the ring & defending it against Joey Janela https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2H7Dju_CR4

That video is incredible and 20 minutes of the most fun I've had watching wrestling in a while

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AEW found dead in Miami

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Posting about my dead gay fed on my dead gay forum

I love my dead gay fed

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
AEW is a dead man, miss him, miss him, miss him!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Remember when AEW was alive and putting on great matches every week that nobody picked apart with a fine toothed comb? Good times . . .

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That video is incredible and 20 minutes of the most fun I've had watching wrestling in a while

It's worth a free IWTV trial to find OC's matches with Jonathan Gresham and Chris Dickinson, they're both great and Orange pulls out a goddamned kimura against Dickinson.

AEW Dynamite is a fun two-hour wrestling program that rarely drags and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt regarding the stuff that isn't landing. If they can make me believe that Scorpio Sky had a shot at a world championship in 2019, they can figure out the Dark Order, ya know?

CombineThresher fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Dec 22, 2019

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

stop the drat AEW

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

CombineThresher posted:

It's worth a free IWTV trial to find OC's matches with Jonathan Gresham and Chris Dickinson, they're both great and Orange pulls out a goddamned kimura against Dickinson.

AEW Dynamite is a fun two-hour wrestling program that rarely drags and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt regarding the stuff that isn't landing. If they can make me believe that Scorpio Sky had a shot at a world championship in 2019, they can figure out the Dark Order, ya know?

I think they can get the dark order over.. I'm less optimistic about getting the nightmare collective over. that's really the only thing that drags a bit when I watch the show.

otherwise I think it's still been goo.. er I mean.. was always bad and dead.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

DuhSal posted:

I think they can get the dark order over.. I'm less optimistic about getting the nightmare collective over. that's really the only thing that drags a bit when I watch the show.

otherwise I think it's still been goo.. er I mean.. was always bad and dead.

Yeah at least the Dark Order have fun matches that are gradually getting the crowd interested, especially when they tried to recruit Marko. I think Jurassic Express is the team to feud them with.

The Nightmare Collective is a bigger liability because Brandi sucks in the ring and Kong is really broken down, so unless that new bald lady can work we're in for a slog through whatever that angle is supposed to be. Thankfully they're keeping those segments short, at least.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I just want 2016 Smackdown. That was perfect wrestling television.

Dlowmx
Feb 5, 2007
Eh
AEW sucks because WWE signed all the good Indy wrestlers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

super macho dude posted:

Wow, can't believe TNT would pay to air two hours of dead air every week.