Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Definitely feels like people had that reaction to Madoka since most people who see it as this big deconstruction's only exposure to magical girl stuff prior were like, 6 episodes of Sailor Moon they saw on Toonami as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I watched the first ep of Eizouken and it was good

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't like how this dumb show has become another culture war proxy.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

The rightwing media companies had to shut it down because they were intimidated by its portrayal of a sexually confident GNC person who fucks women and hangs with the boys, and wears a sexy maid costume

Absolutely.

Tales of Woe posted:

it really hasn't unless MAL scores count as culture

You have people in this very thread even talking about how it owns that funimation hosed over the translators cuz its somehow pwning chuds (?)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Culture war was probably too strong of a label. I just dunno what else to call it. Just similar vibes to when xseed got majorly hosed finanically due to the senran kagura thing and people cheered as it being a good thing since theoretical chuds like senran kagura. It sucks!!!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Beginning to think that championing puritan values in a bid to own the chuds might not be good.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Congrats to the hyena girl and her big pseudo-penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Zandar posted:

I sure hope Ciconia gets a good anime at some point, both because it lends itself more to spectacular action scenes and because, like Umineko, it's always interesting to see other people's reactions to it.

I'd like to see an adaptation but I think properly getting across the parallel processing stuff is going to be a headache. I didn't watch the Umineko anime besides some scenes but I heard they stumbled really hard with the metaverse there too.