Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What a loving amazing and idiotic game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How many picks did Winston throw?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Only four.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How many picks did Winston throw?

Four but it should have been more, Texans dropped at least two

Being a Bucs fan is cruel and unusual punishment

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If Winston throws at least 2 picks in next weeks game he’ll be the first ever QB to enter the 30/30 club and throw for 30 TDs and 30 INTs in the same season!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

WampaLord posted:

Four but it should have been more, Texans dropped at least two

Being a Bucs fan is cruel and unusual punishment

There are Bucs fans? I never knew there were such wretched souls out there

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Winston threw a pick six on his first pass of the game and then another on his third of the game (which was called back after the pick on penalty) and the Texans still only won by a field goal

lol

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Texans defense cannot generate a pass rush whatsoever and that is going to be their downfall. They were in the right spot to accept Jameis’s gifts but they still didn’t look all that great. The offense was pretty flat and credit to the Buc defense they played great. The Texans also piled on some injuries to go along with their playoff berth so yay for that.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

That Winston guy isn't afraid to pull the trigger I'll give him that

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Winston throws at least 2 picks in next weeks game he’ll be the first ever QB to enter the 30/30 club and throw for 30 TDs and 30 INTs in the same season!

Should have it locked up in the first quarter next week.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jameis Winston has officially entered bust territory.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Boo no tie.

Yay Winston going all Favre.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kirios posted:

I would argue this happened at least last year but its not like Tampa has a lot of options right now

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Favre 2.0 rules

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Kirios posted:

sometimes i think about how him and mariota were the first two picks of that draft and lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Marin Karin posted:

sometimes i think about how him and mariota were the first two picks of that draft and lol

that whole first round was pretty meh

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
It’s weird that Mariota and Winston are total opposites and yet neither is good

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

And yet, they're both "high end" busts. Quarterbacks that were OK at best but ultimately failed to live up to their expectations and won't get a second contract from the teams that drafted them.

For being nearly total opposites as quarterbacks, they've had extremely similar careers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Pats have once again overcome all the odds to clinch the AFC East and are in the driver's seat for a first round bye. :toot:

Brady had a solid game as he seems to actually be getting into sync with his receivers.

Everything's coming up Millhouse.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Very cool that this Pats game was not broadcast to people who live within quite reasonable driving distance to the loving stadium. At least they won.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Does anyone remember that "Tebow throws the Bible, is intercepted" tweet? That's what the thread title reminded me of.

Anyway, Josh Allen clearly bad.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Losing the center really hosed them, but that's two winnable games against the patriots going down to the wire. It would be silly to complain about that.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPDcrc3Srzw

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Cheating Pats won because the refs didn't call a blatant facemask penalty. The fix was in. Sorry Buffalo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Crossposting here since a lot of people in the GDT were laughing at Ramsey, I don't think this was his fault at all.

Grittybeard posted:

This was so not on Ramsey.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1208605628404555777

He's got outside trail and expecting safety help and the safety just...wanders off.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
In case anyone thought he was actually hurt

https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1208559311661780993

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Despite the 49ers more regularly knocking the Saints out of the playoffs gently caress da rams

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

can't believe it, given his record for integrity

apparently there's a sizeable contingent of patriots fans with some grudge against tre white... for having gronk dive bomb his neck from behind after the whistle last year????

Which is pretty funny considering it's the loving pats against a bills player who has only been on the team for one victory against them, that fanbase can be ridiculously fragile for their level of success

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

Crossposting here since a lot of people in the GDT were laughing at Ramsey, I don't think this was his fault at all.

You pay 2 firsts for somebody who moves after the snap

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bills gave us a fat man touchdown but still can't win.

Don't trust the Bills.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
How the hell did CJ Beathards murder completely escape all talk during the game?

edit: gently caress me I need to quit skimming things

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28347218/brother-49ers-cj-beathard-fatally-stabbed-bar-fight

quote:

Clayton Beathard, the 22-year-old brother of San Francisco 49ers quarterback C.J. Beathard and grandson of Hall of Fame executive Bobby Beathard, was fatally stabbed during a fight early Saturday morning in Nashville, police said.

According to the Nashville Police Department, Beathard and another man, identified as Paul Trapeni III, 21, were stabbed during an altercation that began at around 2:50 a.m. Saturday outside of the Dogwood Bar & Grill.

Both men were taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center after the stabbing, where they were pronounced dead. Another 21-year-old man was also stabbed during the incident and was taken to the hospital, where he was treated and released.

In a statement, the Nashville Police Department said the stabbings "appear to have resulted from an argument over a woman that began inside Dogwood Bar and then turned physical when the parties went outside."

Detectives in the Midtown Hills Precinct of Nashville released a photo of a man being sought for questioning in the stabbings from outside the bar and are seeking the public's help in identifying him.

Clayton Beathard just completed his junior season playing quarterback at Long Island University, appearing in seven games. He is the son of country music songwriter Casey Beathard and Susan Beathard. Brother Tucker Beathard is also a country music songwriter and singer.

C.J. Beathard, who has served as the Niners' third-string quarterback and been inactive for all 14 games this season, headed back to Nashville to be with family after receiving the news and will be inactive for Saturday night's game against the Los Angeles Rams, according to a team spokesman.

"The 49ers family was shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the tragedy involving C.J. Beathard's younger brother, Clayton," the team said in a statement. "We extend our heartfelt sympathies to C.J. and the entire Beathard family as they cope with the unthinkable loss of a loved one. C.J. has traveled home to join his family knowing he has the support of our entire organization as they grieve the passing of Clayton."

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Dec 22, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ches Neckbeard posted:

How the hell did CJ Beathards murder completely escape all talk during the game?

edit: gently caress me I need to quit skimming things

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28347218/brother-49ers-cj-beathard-fatally-stabbed-bar-fight

What the loving hell

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Jets’ fuel melts Steel dreams.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
lamar owns

lamowns

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I got so frustrated with the Saints first quarter that I closed the PC and just watched the game.

So glad they came back and won. Congrats to Michael Thomas!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Silly Burrito posted:

I got so frustrated with the Saints first quarter that I closed the PC and just watched the game.

So glad they came back and won. Congrats to Michael Thomas!

I was certain that this was going to be one of their down games, but they really turned it around.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Congrats to the Bengals for locking up Joe Burrow.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

andey

He just wins games.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

IMO it's pretty sickening to draft a quarterback with your first overall pick when you have Andy Dalton in your roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mystic Stylez posted:

IMO it's pretty sickening to draft a quarterback with your first overall pick when you have Andy Dalton in your roster

The NFL is an embarrassment of riches.