Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!

Frobozz posted:

A lot of people rag on the game for clunky dialogue - and they are not wrong.

I was simply astonished at the amount of spelling errors and repeated typos throughout the script. With the level of quality control that goes over a game like this nowadays, it's really weird to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Some more cut content: an alternate ending where if you did the Carth romance but sided with Bastila at the temple he would appear on the Star Forge at the end and try to convince you to turn back one last time. You can cut him down and continue on to glory and conquest as per usual or...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ydpEzN7GRU

mod download available in the video description

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Isometric Bacon posted:

I was simply astonished at the amount of spelling errors and repeated typos throughout the script. With the level of quality control that goes over a game like this nowadays, it's really weird to see

It's especially a weird thing to see from a Bioware game when narrative is kind of their niche.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

ikanreed posted:

The star forge is a world devastator that time traveled by force storm to the past.

There, you have an answer and everything sucks more because of it

Thanks, I hate it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Doc M posted:

:staredog:

:negative:

Welp, I should probably mention that in the update!

You should test it first, I'm just pulling that out of the strategyguide page I read through. But if it's true, lmao. And that site seems pretty on target overall.

Well, let me rephrase that. You uh, might want to but that'd involve star forge combat so maybe you shouldn't subject yourself to it again? :v:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Psion posted:

You should test it first, I'm just pulling that out of the strategyguide page I read through. But if it's true, lmao. And that site seems pretty on target overall.

Well, let me rephrase that. You uh, might want to but that'd involve star forge combat so maybe you shouldn't subject yourself to it again? :v:
I'll take their word for it. :v: I actually used that walkthrough for quite a few things during this LP, including the main character portraits, all item descriptions/stats and datapad files, HK-47 dialogue transcripts and various alternate quest solutions I mentioned.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Gnome de plume posted:

Some more cut content: an alternate ending where if you did the Carth romance but sided with Bastila at the temple he would appear on the Star Forge at the end and try to convince you to turn back one last time. You can cut him down and continue on to glory and conquest as per usual or...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ydpEzN7GRU

mod download available in the video description

That "I am not Revan" line is kind of awesome, and makes for a slightly more satisfying conclusion to Revan's story. Sith Bastila is ultimately undone by something she helped to create, and our heroes meet their end with the understanding that they would have no real place in the universe that comes after their victory. It's certainly better than "and then we reference the Yavin medal scene".

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
I had no idea you had tried to do a Witcher LP. I'm catching up on the old one now. I hope you're able to finish it this time. One of my favorite series!

Also, well done on this. KOTOR was basically my only other screenshot LPs I've always wanted. You are truly the granter of my wishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Psion posted:

I took a quick look at the strategywiki walkthrough for this game (which is quite thorough with dialogue trees and everything) and if I'm counting this right, you fight 21 enemies on deck 1, 15 on deck 2, 12 more on the command deck, theoretically infinite droids (or you just bash/lockpick the door and ignore them all) Bastila and then Malak (potentially Malak x8 if you don't pop the stasis tubes)

Psion posted:

Doc M posted:

I'll take their word for it. :v: I actually used that walkthrough for quite a few things during this LP, including the main character portraits, all item descriptions/stats and datapad files, HK-47 dialogue transcripts and various alternate quest solutions I mentioned.

Bit of a necro but....
I just did it. That actually works.

Welp, that was completely a real and hilarious non solution to the puzzle and I learned something new about a game I've beat a dozen times now.