Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
It seems to me a lot of the time the Jedi Order's approach to the dark side regarding their students is not entirely dissimilar to abstinence education.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Yeah, it was what MagusofStars said. "The Dark Side is bad, just trust us on that. Little Bobby tried the Dark Side once and look how he turned out. Just try real hard not to think about the Dark Side."

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
A young child who was captured by Mandalorians, who only speaks Mandalorian, huh? If only we knew someone more familiar with this kind of situation, someone, I don't know, connected with the Mandalorians somehow, could have made the conversation a lot easier.

Oh well.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Or where she talks about trying to redeem herself by helping you a few lines earlier

Is there a word for when this kind of thing happens? Want to say malapropism but I don't think that's right.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I bet we'd have gotten a warmer reception if we'd arrived on Life Day.

achtungnight posted:

I heard there was a way to code in a same-sex romance for Bastila. Probably takes a lot of effort, though.

There's a couple of same-sex romance mods up on gamefront dot com.
And one for Carth on the nexus.

Chuundar is a funny name because it sounds like chunder, which is another word for Barf, which is also the name of a character on Spaceballs.

Does the two Us in his name mean someone's been cloning Wookies?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
It'd have been funny if they'd let you take Bastila with you onto Korriban. It's the last place they'd expect her to be!

"What, the one Jedi everybody's hunting for, right here on the Sith homeworld? Ha ha, that's a good one."

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Mass Effect has the best version of the Hanoi Tower puzzle because you can just use a bunch of omnigel to skip it

And if you don't finish Dustil's sidequest before coming back from the star map he becomes hostile along with the rest of the academy. So uh yeah, don't ever forget to do that!

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Malak probably kept psyching himself out of attacking Dantooine, thinking there's no way going against all those Jedi masters directly would work

Then he works up the nerve to bomb the poo poo out of them and he's like "Huh, guess it is that easy."

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Fun fact about the Carth glitch: it'll happen in a cutscene after this entire escape sequence.

Poil posted:

I wonder how many people named their character Raven without knowing. :v:

New episode of That's So Revan, up next on Disney Channel

The reveal cutscene is pretty great regardless of whether or not you know it's coming but imagine if the character creator had more customization than choosing the face. Like, the mask comes off and whatever Monster Factory episode you've been running around with the past few hours staring at the screen.

Fun fact about the Carth glitch: it'll happen in a cutscene after this entire escape sequence.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I'd thought he'd be Zaaaalbar.

Or the original is Zalbar and the clone has been with us the whole time.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

zakharov posted:

Man you didn't like the Limp Bizkit bit? That was one my favorite little things in the game.

This and the dialog option "I hate you, old man." at the end of his story about the guy who gets tossed into an engine are some of my favorite parts of the game.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
There's also one in Mass Effect 2 but you can solve that one simply by Being Commander Shepard.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
There are three distinct reporters in the series and the best one dies offscreen while live tweeting her kamikaze attack on a reaper, so it's a bummer that we couldn't have had her on the Normandy.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

zakharov posted:

the slow moving in the scuba suit lasts like five minutes, you big babies

Yeah but in this sequence it feels like five hours

Also if you need to indulge your Dick Side you can just stick a lightsaber through the locker that crazy guy's hiding in, that should tide you over for a little while.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Revan could probably whip out the "I was mindwiped" excuse for any old reason.

"Revan, did you leave the top off the milk bottle again?"

"I don't remember, my memory was erased."

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Natural 20 posted:

Unless of course you let Mission live.

Of course to do that you have to abandon Zaalbar on Kashyyk.

And you may have to level her to 20, unequip all your party before you go to the temple and equip her with weapons to the gills.

And you may have to avoid levelling Canderous, HK and T3.

And you may have to get Bastila down to 1hp when you get her back.

And you may have to force push her so that she's away from the ship, hostile, in a bugged state.

But if you do that you can go to the Star Forge and murder the Republic without Mission's death on your hands.

Ha, beat me to it. A little while ago I find this tumblr post with the extensive 7 Point Plan To Avoid Killing Mission https://425599167.tumblr.com/post/146915047378/how-to-avoid-killing-mission-after-joining-the

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
By the way, did you have any idea how displeased I was that you escaped Taris?

Great LP, btw the Malak fight is super fun when you don't have Saber Throw or Destroy Droid and have to whittle down his health multiple times until he runs out of Jedi to drain.

And I distinctly remember from my male Guardian playthrough getting the "I love you" option to turn Bastila back despite not really going through the romance path? It just popped up I was like, Okay."

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
That's what it does, we see it in action when you arrive before you crash land

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5xDSZnok4s

Oddly enough, exactly the same way Starkiller Base powers up. Funny, that.

Gnome de plume fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Some more cut content: an alternate ending where if you did the Carth romance but sided with Bastila at the temple he would appear on the Star Forge at the end and try to convince you to turn back one last time. You can cut him down and continue on to glory and conquest as per usual or...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ydpEzN7GRU

mod download available in the video description