Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I like that Jolee basically knew exactly who you are when you show up and the first thing he does is send you out to get rid of poachers hanging out on his lawn to see what you are like. He gives you a pretty neutral quest and a good reason not to kill anyone to see what you will do. The voice acting when you go to the Wookie Star Map also sounds like Jolee is not surprised it is responding to you nor does he sound surprised you want to go see the Star Map which suggested he was just playing along. Ironically he can see the “swirling force” around Revan and interpret it really well even though he disparaged the whole concept.

All his stories revolve around themes about not falling to the Dark or even too far to the Light as he saw it. They are about the flaws of the Jedi, embracing passion without turning to evil, Jedi (including him) being buffoonish, and great Force destinies being overrated. There is also one line that I do not think we saw where you talk about Malak possibly winning and he says it will not last. He says that if Malak wins the galaxy is in for a bad century or two but these things always reverse eventually. Nice way of making the quest important but not “the fate of everyone for all time”. Perfect old man long-term wisdom. He should run a 12 step program for fallen Jedi.

There is also a line in KOTOR 2 where someone talks about Jedi falling in love and asks if that ever happens and someone (I think it is the protagonist) responds that that is called “pulling a Bindo”.

Jolee is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Telegnostic posted:

Beware the venem of the snek.

That story was also a hint he knew who you are.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

ikanreed posted:

The star forge is a world devastator that time traveled by force storm to the past.

There, you have an answer and everything sucks more because of it

Thanks, I hate it.