Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

TitanG posted:

Maybe they could do one of the Warhammers, they seem to be giving licenses to anyone these days.

Protip: Do NOT do the Slaaneshi cultist romance sidequest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Ah, Toughness. Truly the perk Carth deserves.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Yeah, this is pretty much why Toughness is garbage. Even if the next level gives some bonuses, it doesn't make up for the fact that you're losing out on far more critical stuff. Hell, I'd rather take some of the skill-increasing feats over Toughness, it's that much of a waste; at least the skill boosters can give me points in non cross-class skills. Mind you, I'd probably not use any of them, but even so they're still better than Toughness.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Maybe it's a symptom of having multiple writers? IIRC Bioware was big enough even at this early point to have a writing team.

Also, put me down for double-bladed lightsabers, 'cos they're awesome :colbert:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
T3 gets a loooot more character in the sequel, and I do too remember Juhani, solely for one potential scene she gets near the end of the game. That said, Zaalbar was just there, and I only remember Mission because she got a major creep fanbase. Of course, Bioware brought her VA back for TOR, where she plays a male Sith Lord's Twi'lek love interest, because of course that's the fanbase you want. There's also a lot of creepy master/save stuff going on if you indulge that relationship.

That said, the Sith Inquisitor is amazing. "I love surprises!" :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I mean, I think I can name two Bioware LIs that I thought were all right, and they're both from Mass Effect- first is Garrus, because he's Garrus, and despite her own fanbase I thought Tali's romance path wasn't bad. It certainly helps that they didn't get hit with the romance stick in the first game, which to me made getting with them in ME2 feel a little more realistic.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, for all that HK's a one-note character here, it's amusingly written, which I suppose is the best one can usually say about Bioware companions. It also provides a handy jumping-off point for how he is in KotOR 2, so there's that too!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, the reveal completely blindsided me as well, though it did mean that on subsequent replays I always save edited my starting character to have incredible physical stats; the Jedi might take my mind, but they will never take my gains!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

McNally posted:

Last time I played this game I named my character "Bob Revan" to make the reveal hilarious.

As a sad nerdosaurus, I usually gave my subsequent characters names that were anagrams of 'Darth Revan' because it seemed like the sort of 'clever' thing the Jedi Council would do.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

FoolyCharged posted:

Yeah, but the thing is that jolee has been dropping hints about his relationship with the jedi(they don't get along to the point where he talks about them as a group he isnt part of) even if he hasn't spelled it out too much as to why it got that way.

Yeah, but he didn't have to be written that way, or at least not as strongly. He could have been some Gray Jedi master hanging out on the edges of Dantooine, a wise old hermit who gets on everyone's nerves even moreso than Master Vrook, which would give him both the power needed to rein in your PC (in-universe), and the lack of knowledge about who you truly were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I finished NWN1 once, and that was out of sheer bloody-mindedness. The expansion campaigns aren't bad at all, though.