Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Oh master, I do not trust you! I cannot trust you, or anyone else, ever again!

I actually don't mind Carth, or whatever progeny is supposed to be Carth-clones. They're definitely not the most obvious example of Bioware recycling its plot beats over and over, and are far less annoying than "this is your humorous murderous psychopath. You have to allow him into your party and you'll probably never even get the option to kill him".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I've always wanted a Bioware / Obsidian PRG based around a W40k Inquisition party. But you know... 2013 Bioware/Obsidian.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The thing about taking a massive poo poo on the repeated ad-naseum tropes of the original, is that some people took great offense, as they happily consumed the same regurgitated story over and over.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Other way around, obv. I won't ever play KotoR 2 again unless someone comes up with a "ship-begone" mod, but the initial planet is.. like a real place, rather than the designated tutorial zone.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

What happens if you mess up the riddle section, assuming that's possible?

Should have asked this a while ago, but - do you get xp for NPCs killing each other in combat? I know that this is the case in Kotor 2.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I never really got "why can't the Dark Side be, like, more nuanced?" takes. It's called the Dark Side ffs. They're the bad guys.

Maybe if you want a carefully depicted map of intra-galactic intrigue and greyscale political ideologies playing a great game of diplomacy, propaganda and sabotage, the setting that was based on literally copy-pasting a simplified guide to universalized world mythology is not the best place for it?

I mean, we have bad guys whose official ideology is based around "why can't I be a total rear end in a top hat with absolutely no consequences?" IRL. There's not a lot of nuance to them either.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I mean, "I have super special force powers, and I want to use them to bully everyone who doesn't have super special force powers. Enlightened self-interest and the invisible hand which I use to force-choke people will eventually lead to only the specialest force-chosen force-users being in control" isn't even an exaggeration either of attitudes people would definitely have IRL if the force was real or of the Sith philosophy as explained in-game.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I agree with The Dark Id's take - "did you even know Emperor Palpatine's name was loving Sheev? I certainly don't expect you guys to recognize it or to use it without sniggering" (paraphrased).

Robindaybird posted:

Not to mention there's something kind of slimy about basically advocating punching reporters even if they're being dicks - especially as in ME3 you can bring one on board to give fawning reports about your activities.
I mean, ME has a lot of fairly fashy mil-adventure tropes "only unaccountable agents who dowhatmustbedonegoddamnit can save us al- [well ok, they're accountable to the sissy beuracratic civil authorities, but that's a bad thing by golly]" right beneath the surface.

Rather explains ME2 and why the writers apparently considered working for Cerberus a self-evident move that requires little motivation.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 17, 2020

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

EggsAisle posted:

That fawning reporter is the very reporter you choose whether to punch in ME2 :v:
Nope. First of all, the same reporter can be punched (or head-butted) in all three ME games.

Your on-board reporter is a different character, with the digital likeness of a real-life IGN journalist. And you can bang her. Not sure which part of that is more gross, honestly.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Anyone got a link to a video?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Doc M posted:

I do, however, already have a pretty good idea what I will do after this LP is complete (we have maybe eight updates left, give or take a couple, so it won't take long once I get back to regular updates). Remember when I had to leave Geralt in Vizima's Temple Quarter about two years ago because I was in a very, very bad place mentally? Well... suffice to say I'm doing quite a bit better now -- and I still have my footage, save files and original updates from that LP, and even the screenshots for the next update that I never got around to writing at the time. :getin:
Yaaas.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

In a "harder" sci-fi setting, you'd know more about both Koltho and the poison, and would have some way of evaluating whether killing the shark would affect the koltho production. As it stands, you have no reason to believe the shark is the source of all life on this planet (?) and the female scientist suddenly going "oh yeah, killing the shark might even mess with the koltho" comes out of nowhere.

So blaming dark side Revan for failing to reload her game \ see into the future and understand that these warnings were actually underestimating the scope of the disaster doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Robindaybird posted:

Yeah, anyone who is remotely familiar with rudimentary biology or ecology would realize introducing an untested poison into a system without considering the long-term consequences is a massively bad idea.
No? Yeah, I'm go with "of course not, enough poison to kill a single fish (or even a single whale) wouldn't cause any sort of long-lasting ecological damage on it's own, that's not how any of this works IRL".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Psion posted:

Bioware did a much more entertaining job with the "5 judges with varying opinions" bit in Jade Empire. Also better outcomes.
As in "each judge will change his mind if he hears one arbitrary style of argument, but will change it back if you use it again"? Yeah..... that was not an improvement.