Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Regalingualius posted:

I’m starting to think that these Jedi guys kind of suck at living up to their overly-strict ideals. :v:

Really, though, it’s not hard to see why they’ve been having so many defections from their ranks, considering they’re basically expected to be emotionless robots who have the power to single-handedly change the battlefield. If anything, it’s a wonder that they haven’t had to contend with a Revan/Malak kind of rebellion any sooner... Though I’ve admittedly never been much of one for SW Legends lore.

Funnily enough, one such is exactly the subject of the Tales of the Jedi comic to which this game was originally supposed to be the sequel.

Calling them robots is overstating it, but the Jedi are supposed to possess a level of detachment and serenity that is rare among humans here in reality, and whose seekers here in reality do not possess the sort of power that the Jedi do, and the temptations that come with it. This is one of the reasons that I'm uncomfortable with the multi-millennia timeline that the expanded universe runs on ... I don't think these societies could last that long without undergoing major disruptions and changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Catzilla posted:

How do you prove you're Darth Revan? Every time you try that in the game the NPC's are literally 'LOL no you're not'

Also, even if you are Darth Revan, you've been deposed by Darth Malak, and so you are asserting authority that the local government is under no obligation to accept.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010
... are you, as the PC, allowed to go in on your own? Or do your "friends" force their way in regardless of what you think?

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Gnome de plume posted:

Some more cut content: an alternate ending where if you did the Carth romance but sided with Bastila at the temple he would appear on the Star Forge at the end and try to convince you to turn back one last time. You can cut him down and continue on to glory and conquest as per usual or...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ydpEzN7GRU

mod download available in the video description

That "I am not Revan" line is kind of awesome, and makes for a slightly more satisfying conclusion to Revan's story. Sith Bastila is ultimately undone by something she helped to create, and our heroes meet their end with the understanding that they would have no real place in the universe that comes after their victory. It's certainly better than "and then we reference the Yavin medal scene".