Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Regalingualius posted:

Actually, mechanics question: can you potentially lose out on an attribute point if you unlock your prestige class at a weird level? I know D&D 5th usually doles them out every 4 levels in a class, but I don’t know off-hand how frequently you get your points in this system.

Nah, in 3rd Ed you get them every 4 character levels, no matter what classes you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emong
May 31, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

One of the things that is missing from this system, but is in the d20 system it's derived from, is some variety of Weapon Finesse: you use Dexterity to calculate your to-hit with (some) melee weapons instead of Strength. That'd be really handy here, especially if you're using guns a bunch, or like Bastilla have tons of dexterity anyway. It's also an issue, in my opinion, that there's no two handed melee weapons. We have two handed guns, of course, with the various rifles and heavy weapons (is anybody using those or is everybody going to use dual pistols?), but the closest you can get is the Dueling line, which gives you benefits to wielding a single melee weapon (+1 attack and defense when using a one-handed weapon, which applies to guns too, per level taken).

Weapon Finesse is actually built into lightsabers in this game, so Bastilla's fine with having high dex.

Emong
May 31, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

Hell, this thread’s gotten me to develop an itch to dust off KOTOR 2 and do something off the beaten path.

I know that I mentioned that unarmed builds are more or less viable in that game, but... would anyone happen to have any pointers for it? :sweatdrop:

Weapon Finesse doesn't work on your fists and they count as one single-handed weapon. So go with strength and take the Dueling line of feats.